Is Cook a difference maker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

After just 2 practices Cooks name is coming up frequently. Lendale says he will help right away and other reports have him catching everything thrown his way. If he is as fast as advertised he will not only be a dangerous down field threat himself, but will distract opposing safeties leaving Washington and Gage sometimes in single coverage. Overall, Cook could have a dynamic effect on the offence and be the single most obvious difference in the offence over last season, IMO.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If the 'light switches on' for Cook, I see him being just as dangerous, if not more, than Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez.
    He's gunna give defenses fits anyway when he plays.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

If he could someday be compared with Gates or Gonzalez, that would be a godsend! Personally, I'm hoping he turns out to be the steal of the draft.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I like that Cook's name is coming up in all the reports just like CJ's was last year...

5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Cook is going to be the best pick for us from this draft. i loved the pick even if we traded up.
    ________
    Yamaha Cs1X

6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I totally agree with this Cook is a beast if he doesn't have injury's we talking pro bowl in a few years he has that type of talent.He has some of the best hands I have seen in a long time especially on the titans. He will be the steal of the draft.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think the most encouraging reports aren't so much the plays he's making, but where he's making them. Dinger has been moving him all around in different positions, trying different matchups. That means he's comfortable with Cook's understanding of the offense. Remember the Titans didn't move CJ around as much as they wanted to last year, because they sensed they were starting to overwhelm him with info.

If Cook really is getting the playbook, that's the best sign that he'll be able to contribute and live up to his potential. It's still early, but so far so good. Can't wait to see him on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I wonder how his blocking has been...

You know, when we drafted Cook, I remember wondering if we would ever convert him to WR based on his abilities. Just imagine the possibilities in the run game alone. He's used to dealing with DE's and LB's - just imagine how bad he would junk a CB off the line. With his reps at WR in camp, it makes you wonder. I think he'll definitely play TE this year, but if the Titans work something out with Scaife, him converting to WR may be a real possibility in an effort to get the most talent on the field.

9. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I think Scaife is probably gone. If they do work something out it may be the end of Crump here if Cook keeps it up.

10. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

I loved that pick the minute I heard the selection, I even called my buddies to tell them he was the best pick in the draft for us. When I hear the media speak of the passing game, I can tell if they know football or not by who mentions his name. He will in my opinion be the difference maker this year for the Titans. He creates matchups that drive DC's crazy. I don't think they will ever make him a WR, why would they? He is perfect for the TE position....nobody can guard him. I can't wait to watch him in the pre-season. O.K there...sorry for the slight man-crush....Go Titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar