Is Cook a difference maker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's also a corner playing lackluster defense because... it's the pro-bowl.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That's also a receiver playing lackluster offense because...it's the pro bow...and still burned Finny.
    Oh wait, are you saying that Fitzy was actually playing and Finny wasn't? Is that your flimsy excuse?

Either they were both trying or they both weren't. Either way Finny got torched.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Mike Williams :grrhee: was 6'5 and 245, 260, 272...but he's out of the league. David Boston wasn't as tall but he was around 240-245 IIRC.

Not saying that will happen to Cook, but those are the guys I can think of.

Regardless, Cook will give fits to defenses, especially not lined up in an ordinary position.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Go to a camp. A receiver is always going to get the better of a half-efforted battle.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yup, and the reason the pro bowl is almost always a high scoring game for both sides.

6. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

^ Plus the pass rush in the pro bowl doesn't resemble the pass rush of the regular season; Advantage: receivers.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

plus finny is on the titans so we need to make excuses for him.....

8. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I'll drink to that.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Umm....no.

My bad. I guess there was more to your flimsy excuse than 'it's the pro bowl'. Keep 'em comin'. I'm getting quite amused.

I love me some Finny. One of my favorite players, BUT him going up against Fitzy, my $$ is on Fitz. Regardless of what environment they are in for you to make excuses about.

You guys sound like an irrational woman trying to justify why her b/f treats her like dirt.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I would take Fitzgerald too. He is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Still, trying to justify that through a pro bowl is even less adequate than judging performance in the preseason. At least in the preseason, players are encouraged to hit.

The last sentence of your post sounds like a cry for help. Does your b/f hit you? There's a place you can go for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar