Is Dez Bryant worth Titans 2016 1st & 3rd round pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Without much debate, physically at least, Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is the NFL's best WR. And at the moment Bryant and the Cowboys are at a standoff in contract talks with a potential holdout looming.

A lot would have to happen before the Titans had a chance to get their hands on Bryant next year, but it could happen.

How do fans feel about the team trading away two future draft picks for a guaranteed stud? Theres some language in the CBA that discounts the compensation teams would owe the Cowboys from signing him to an unmatched offer sheet after 2015 if he sits out all of 2015 and the Cowboys try franchising him again in 2016.

I would be all for adding a sure thing for a 1st & 3rd pick, not like our teams turned 3rd rounders into valuable pieces here... IMO Bryant would be worth the investment, and we'd also have no problem fitting him into our cap with nearly $20M in cap space with carryover to add.... Id hope if things reach this stage that we'd be a player in the Bryant sweepstakes.. How about you guys?

PFT article on the topic

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I mean, he is awesome and still young...but man, we need help in many areas. Especially the lines. Do you give that up for an extra year? That said....Imagine Bryant/DGBWright/Hunter/Douglas.McBride....Filthy

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Throw in mariota. Mett w dez and dgb is mouthwatering

• Pigeon Bomb x 3
    • Boring x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I say no.
    Lets see how the existing potential plays out, and how much turns into real production.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Even if we want him, I don't think he wants us. We're not relevant yet, only in Mariota's jersey sales.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Wow what a great thread Cody!

You are like a junior Paul Kuharsky.

We should absolutely make this trade!

Can you imagine the damage Dez and DGB could do on and off the field???

They could catch passes together, be suspended together and get locked up in County together.

Y'all don't think we get attention from the media? Wait until Dez and DGB beat up an old woman on West End for $14.34 and get arrested doing 150mph on 65 headed south back to Williamson County!

Again, great to see you here JCB, stay blessed man. So much love for you right now.

• LOL LOL x 9
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We are as stacked at WR as we have been in years. So I say no just based on that.

If we could throw in Hunter and only give up our 1st, I'm all over that. But with the investment in Hunter, DGB, Wright, and with Douglas and Nicks on the roster, it's not needed. That's not including McBride - who nobody knows what to expect from him.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

NFL's best receiver??? Without much debate?? (I don't know what the "physically, at least" part means)

.... huh?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... we have a lot of unknowns and nobodies at WR, if we're being honest.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

This is one of those pie in the sky type of trades that has .000000001% chance of happening, but it sounds nice in theory.

We would definitely be in the news all the time if we did, for the wrong reasons.

#10 Aqutis30, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar