Is Eddie George a Hall of Fame RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think he is. I just wanted some thoughts. The only reason why I'm asking it that I'm getting my but kicked in this fannation throwdown.
    http://www.fannation.com/throwdowns

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

You look at it and you see the same thing with Eddie as the team did with Campbell - Pounded the rock unmercifuly

I mean he did hit 10000 yards, which is a cornerstone for great running backs
    He was one of the last good pounder rbs left, not another one has come along since, so you gotta take a good look at it, its really a toss up, but Id have to see his career stats

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here is how I look at the Hall. Did you do anything to add to the history of the game? Eddie did nothing. It's that simple for me. If he was left out of the Hall nobody would care. So leave him out. He's a worthy player, as is curtis martin, as is Jerome Bettis, but nobody really cares about these players. I think you need to make history. And none of these players qualifies. I love Eddie, but Earl was a Legend, and Eddie was not. It's just how it is.

For this same reason, Vince has a shot. He made history already in the ncaa. He's a legend. He's making legendary plays now in the nfl. All he has to do is cement it with a superbowl and a few more amazing plays. But he is well on his way, and deserving.

4. eddie does not deserve it

but i agree PSJ vince is very well on his way to doing it, he just needs to be a bit more consistent and a superbowl or two will do it, but from what we have seen u dont need a bowl aka Dan Marino and Warren Moon

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Eddie is close. Very close.

Were just going to have to see.

I will say this tho. If we would of beaten St. Louis then yes he should definitely be on his way into the Hall. He needs to retire tho.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Great back, great Titan, just not quite HOF material.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Eddie won't make it. Bettis will.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

eddie will not be in the hall

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No Eddie In The Hof!!

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Put the man in the "Hall Of Very Good".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar