Is Eddie George a Hall of Fame RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

interesting ... and kinda true
    Eddie is kinda one of the last of a dying breed

I'll say this .... Eddie meant a great deal to his team and the community
    did he change the face of the game ? not really ?
    But was he what every owner dreams of having in a RB ?

Team Leader ? Check!
    Locker Room ? AQbsolutely!
    Tote the Rock ? As many as the next guy and then some!
    Cry about it ? Never!

The guy was a stalwart for this franchise
    and we have yet to replace him

I would not see Eddie making it first-ballot
    but if he ever came up for a second I could
    I guess it'd be dependant on the draft class

2. I do believe he beat Earl Campbell's record!

3. Eddie is not a HOFer. If not for the toe injury in 2000 he probably would have been, but he never recovered from the reconstructive surgery. He was terrible from 2001 on...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in a lot more games played

5. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

yes, I believe he is HOF material.

1. Over 10,000 yds
    2. All time leading rusher in franchise history, beating Earl Campbell's record.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

no eddie should not be in the hall of fame, but i did help you out on fannation.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Thurman Thomas is in the HOF & IMO if he deserves to be there so does Eddie.

Based on stats alone Thomas had a tremendous career but when it counted he choked & sulked through 3 straight Superbowls. The guy was a wuss.

Stats aren't everything & Eddie George meant more to the Titans than 10,000 yards show.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's definately one of, if not, my most favorite Oiler/Titan player (Warren Moon, Steve Mac, and now Vince). He was a great back, and a Beast. But for some reason, I just don't see him as a HOF'er, I love his drive and passion for the game, and believe he will be coaching on some level someday. he wasn't a game breaker, that pound'em type back has a hard time making it in, especially w/o any significant milestones (Superbowls being key).

But the main reason reason I don't believe he does not go to the HOF is , you don't see many HOF'er finish their career the way he's finishing his. I am sure he is in playing condition at this point, but no one is giving him a call. I'm sure he's more than ready to play, but teams have no interest in him, and at only 33 he should have a place to play somewhere.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No..

Childress's comparison to thurman thomas doesn't wash because thomas was a much better all around back, by far the better pass receiver. Thomas produced almost 5000 more total yards which is a huge difference when talking about RBs.

I know much was made of this in his last 2 years but a RB with a career 3.6 ypc just isn't hall of fame material. I love eddie but he was given more credit for this team's success then he deserved. Steve mcnair was equally responsible for this team's success and in 2000 we had 7 pro bowl players other than steve or eddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar