Is Farve killing his legacy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

i think he means that if he came back as a Viking or something that it would turn peoplke off to the point that they wouldn't want to buy that #4 Packer jersey down the road... something along those lines.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Montana went to the Chiefs and his legand lived on. Die hard GB fans will remember his SBs and Viking fans will love to get enemy #1 at the helm. I think that Favre is pushed at the end of every season by his family/wife to call it quites and after some R&R he looks back and thinks he still has something left. I htink he wife was the first person to mention that he was retiring this season?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Unfortunately. :hmm:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Montana really had no choice. The 49er's made it pretty clear that the Steve Young era had begun... which brings me to Steve McNair... another guy who was left with not much choice... despite the wrongdoings on the part of the Titans organization I really have a hard time getting on the Steve McNair train... I felt then and do now that Steve overestimated his value. Still, the way the front office handled it was terrible... but at the same time Bus Cooke turned up the drama to eleven by telling Steve to come in when he knew full well that Steve would be turned away... I don't know... Favre leaving Green Bay... he's only going to lose fans that way, at least in the long run. That translates into money. I know I wasn't buying discount McNair and George jerseys once they were gone... making a break at career's twighlight only seems to tarnish it. At least it seems that way to me.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There is a huge difference between the two in my opinion. Montana went to another conference and played for a team that had no rivalry with the 49ers. McNair went to the team that cost us a very likely Superbowl victory. That's bad blood and business. I'll forever be a Ravens hater.

As far as favre, I dunno if he is killing his legacy, but he sure is screwing the Packers over. Not that I care, go bears!

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

don't kid yourself... Kerry Collins and the Giants would have squashed the Titans like a bug. :neener:

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If it was Volek and the Giants, then I'd agree with you completely. :wink2:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Farve damages his legacy, he damages his ability for endorsements well beyond next season.

Think Eddie wouldn't trade that one season in Dallas for what he lost here in Tennessee? His bar closed. His endorsements dried up. He burned a bridge he could have owned for the rest of his life.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Ok. I see. Although, Favre has the ability to get love from the whole nation unlike Eddie.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I mainly meant Eddie's opportunities around the Nashville area.

I suspect Farve would maintain a better legacy nationally than in Green Bay if he's playing for the Vikings this fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar