Is Guardians of the Galaxy the most overrated movie of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I mean, it wasn't bad, but I'm just not seeing what everyone else is. The humor wasn't that funny nor witty, the CGI was nothing special, the action scenes were average, and there were no memorable scenes that made me want to rewatch on youtube. The bonding between the characters seem genuine, I'll give them that but people are saying it might be the greatest superhero movie of all time, it isn't even the best superhero movie this year, it definitely wasn't better than Winter Soldier.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Haven't seen it, was waiting for it on redbox but I might just get it somewhere else.

3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I f*ckin' LOVED GOTG.

I wouldn't say it's overrated, the movie just has so much personality that it just garners that kind of love.

Winter soldier was a whole different ball game by comparison, it was a thriller, GOTG was an action comedy. Plus GOTG did in one film what it took the rest of the MCU to do in 6 films. Introducing each character, and building up their history and motives, and put it all together in a fraction of the run time.

And if you get the comics, you get the movie, and hearing Blue Swede in the trailer alone made me squeal like a fan girl. lol

GOTG is amazing, and that's not just opinion. if you didn't enjoy it, watch it again, and then again. Clockwork Orange that ****, until you like it. :p

My point is, some movies you gotta give more than one chance, not everyone likes the same thing, but there's lots of movies i didn't know how to feel about until I watched them more than once.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Was about to give you a bull**** on your post except saying Winter Solider was better saved you.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Amazing movie

Where you been

Why don't you post more

Don't hate

Kisses

Kthx

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Too busy getting laid.

Ok, more like been busy with work. But I get laid every now and then.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hand doesn't count

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

ftr I didn't get it either. It wasn't bad or awful but i didn't walk out of the theater thinking "wow, that was an awesome fun ride!" I thought a lot of the praise was really over the top.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I thought it was pretty awesome. Overrated? Idk. You have to take it for what it is, more on the humor and entertainment side than the usual action and people exploding the whole time kind of superhero movie. I enjoyed it, one of my favorites but I can understand the skepticism. Personally, I wish there was one more additional fight scene with the main villain.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No. It was awesome... and I wasn't expecting much.

Most overrated movie of all time: The Usual Suspects

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar