Is Hopkins a HOFer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jun 15, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    94.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hopkins belongs in the hall of very good.

2. Titans/Oilers HOF defo

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Wasn't Wycheck the third TE ever to make it 500 receptions? I could see Frank sneaking in later on. Hopkins? No.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Huh?

"Wasn't Wycheck the third TE ever to make it 500 receptions?"

No, maybe the 4th.

I know for a fact that ozzie newsome, shannon sharpe and kellon winslow got to that mark before wycheck.

Wycheck just wasn't a hall of fame player. He was close but not that caliber. Today the top TEs have 90-100 catch 900-1000 yard seasons. Wycheck never touched that or came close. And as i said before his 28 tds is absolutely anemic for a guy with 500+ career catches.

Wycheck won't be elgible for three more seasons. I'm wondering what kind of numbers gonzales, witten and gates will put up in the mean time and whether troupe will have a season or two bigger than wycheck ever had. It's possible.

Wycheck is in the same catagory as keith jackson and ben coates. Good players but not the dominant superior player that a gonzales is and not hall of fame.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What a shame....

We had eddie, steve, wycheck, bruce, hoppy, kearse, bishop, mason all together on the same team but couldn't quite win a championship. Darn!

I agree 100% with titan jeff. They are all time great players in the franchise but not quite HOF. Bruce being the exception of course.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

For what it's worth, only two RBs have reached 10,000 yards rushing without missing a game - Jim Brown and EG.

McClain said he thinks that stat will sway enough HOF voters to get EG selected.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Football Hall of Fame isnt like baseball's. Players arent depicted wearing a jersey.

And Anderson is probably best remembered as a Steeler, not a Viking.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I best remember him being purposefully blocked into that crap astroturff in Indy when a kick was blocked. Old dude was trying to get the heck out of the way and those three dolts drove him into the ground. Need I say the Titans did nothing in response. FWIW it was completly within the rules and if I was a dolt fan I would have laughed my butt off, being a Titan fan I was infuriated at the classless act though.

between that and Nedney Barionas better learn how to tackle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar