Is It Mike Munchak's Responsibility To Motivate The Team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How about some examples? What players do you think Munch should have yanked in the first quarter because they appeared unmotivated?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ahh the ole "exaggerate for effect" tactic. ;)

I never said anything about yanking someone in the 1st quarter. Also I wasn't strictly meaning motivation, even though it may have appeared that way. I probably could've worded it better. But the examples I was referencing (from this season) were of course Britt, Reytaurd, to a lesser extent Turner. Regardless of whether or not motivation was what was causing their issues (I really don't think motivation was the problem except for maybe a bit in Britt's case), the bottom line is Munch waited far too long to take action in each case.

This is his 3rd year on the job and he still seems in over his head and absolutely clueless at times.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I made an assumption based on the title of the thread. It looks like you have more issue with Munch not sitting players for under-performing. That's legit, IMO.

In all honestly, Britt hasn't seen the field much. That's because Munch has solid options at WR. Benching him sure hasn't motivated Britt to become a better player in a contract season.

In the case of Pollard, who has committed the same BS penalties every game, Munch could yank him and put in Stafford but that's a huge drop-off, IMO, which also impacts special teams. Do you see motivation as Pollard's issue? I don't. I see bad decisions.

In the case of other things being said to be due to a lack of motivation, I see it more as players making bad decisions, not executing or just not being talented/experienced enough to get the job done.

The head coach's job is to put the right players on the field with a game plan that can win the game. I'm totally cool with an open season on Munch when he doesn't do that. But his job isn't to motivate, IMO, but get players who lack motivation OFF the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar