Is Jeff Fisher a great Football Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Mar 4, 2011.

?

What do you think of Jeff Fisher

Poll closed Mar 14, 2011.
  1. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. He is a good coach

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. He is an average head coach

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. He just plainly sucks and is way overrated

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. I could not care less, I'm just glad he is gone

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

If Jeff Fisher was a great Coach, he would have done great things.

If I coached for the next 20 years, I may would get a SuperBowl appearance as well. That doesn't make him great.

2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Any VY worshipper will tell you that Fisher sucks. I am glad he (Fisher) is gone. But I would never say that he sucks. He is still a decent coach. But some people are so religiously deep in VY's butt that they will blame everybody but Vince for this whole fiasco.

3. JiminyBillyBob

Yet, you still read it and post. :moon2:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jeff Fisher drafted two DT's (Jones & Marks) in the 2nd round who can barley bench press their own body weight. That's genius!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

dbc?

Okay everybody, avoid threads made by the new dbc at all costs. Only people like dbc would devote their user ID to somehow Fisher.

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Don't know how long you've followed the team, maybe forever, but most will tell you that Fisher's mediocrity began way before anything Vince. He has been proficiently operating at avg to below avg for quite some time.

Again, his saving grace was his absolute skill at media spin and his ability to manipulate people into believing his viewpoint that were relevant to the franchise operations. He also, I think, genuinely cares about continuing to see the games rules/equipment change to evolve the game into a safer atmosphere. As far as results on the field, not that great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JiminyBillyBob

I totally agree with you! In no way do I want to say Fisher is or was a good coach. He was fairly average. I just would not say that he sucked completely. I have followed the team since 1994, when they were still the Oilers. But, like I said I absolutely agree with your post.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Fisher's failures extended far past Vince Young.

His inability to adapt (especially mid-game) was his biggest weakness IMO.

9. JiminyBillyBob

Ok. First of all I am not dbc and I do not like Jeff Fisher. I am glad that he is gone, hope he stays gone and the Titans will be a better team without him. Secondly, I would like to apologize for some of my moronic posts. They were only targeted at a couple of individuals who constantly attack other people for having a different opinion, making fun of them. However most people in this forum are tolerant enough and respect the fact that somebody might have a different opinion on certain subjects. To these people I apologize for some of the garbage I have posted (refering to the VY will be back in 2011 thread). I will refrain from posting unnecessary crap like that in the future.

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Everyone seems to forget we were heading for an even uglier record in 2006. 5-11 and 4-12 the previous two years and we started off better in those last two seasons than in 2006. We were 0-3 until someone/something motivated us to win........:yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar