Is Jeff Fisher front runner for Coach of the Year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Hmm it could be a tough call at the end....if the Falcons dont make the playoffs and finish 8-8 or so Smith might get knocked down a peg, while Fisher at this pace will be the front runner.

Clear choices will be between those two, maybe even a vote for Coughlin if the Giants stay on point. Could be a tough decision down the end between Fisher and Smith.

That also goes along with Rookie of the Year(Atleast Offensive)....If Falcons do good its going to be Ryan hands down(hmm remind you of VY's year?) but if Falcons start to slow up and Titans stay on pace, with CJ getting over a 1000 yards itll be hard to make an arguement that CJ shouldnt be ROY too.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Our offense is the most predictable in the league, because it hasn't changed in 8 years. And coaches that coach to win are more impressive than the ones that coach and HOPE to win. Which is exactly the way Fisher does it.
    There were about 5 of us at the game last night calling every single play before we ran it. Not in full detail, but we'd call the screen, the run, etc almost every time.

So if a few random fans at LP field know exactly whats coming - why wouldn't an nfl defensive coordinator? Not only that, but all we heard in the offseason was how creative we were going to be getting CJ the ball. It hasnt happened. And it should have. We aren't utilizing him the way we should.

And then again - our defense getting abused by dominic rhodes and every other weak rushing attack we've faced?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an ok coach. Just not a great coach. He's never done anything worth noting unless he has a team full of studs.

3. titans4life10

Im not trying to make an arguement here....but I guess I wasnt watching the same game you were? And Fisher is just an ok coach? Do you know how many NFL teams with stud players would want Fisher??? Heres one example: the Cowboys...Jerry Jones would kill to have Fisher be his head coach...in fact at the least, all of the NFC East aside from maybe the Giants would want him.

Tennessee is not a team full of studs....its a team of players that fit into roles very very well, but there are very few studs. Titans being 7-0, and Fisher being one of the longest tenured coaches in the league...its kind of a slap to the face to say he is just "ok".

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

He gets my vote, the only other coach i know by name is Tony Dungy.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

on a side note

Reggie Wayne / Marvin Harrison
    4rec - 41yds combined

in his interview with Mike Keith after the game, Jeff admitted that they were going to give them a little more wiggle running to deter big gains passing

6. titans4life10

Yea I'll settle with Rhodes getting 70 something yards rushing if it meant you kept Wayne and Marvin under 50 yards combined w/ NO TD's.

Unfortunately Clark was pretty much the saving grace for the Colts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

So you are saying Jeff Fisher has created the perfect offense? Because you claim it's predictable because we've ran it the last eight years. You claim every defensive coordinator should know what's coming. But we are undefeated this year. Of those eight seasons you mentioned, we've only had three losing seasons. So in other words, everybody knows what we are going to do, and they can't stop it. Which means Jeff Fisher has created the perfect offense, and I think that makes him a good coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titans4life10

Man you said that brilliantly....perfect offense might be exaggerating it though. Without a doubt in my mind, Fisher is desperately trying to find the one guy in our WR core that can shine for us this season.....maybe thats why he had Collins throwing soo much.

You can call Fisher an "ok" coach, but an ok coach doesnt fire his OC in the off season, replaces him with a familiar face, and manages to start the season out 7-0 with a rebuilt team. Or are we forgetting the Salary Cap Purge Years already...I think Fisher has done a phenominal job with what he was giving/drafted/free agents.

Now tell the truth, compare the longest tenured coaches and say who is better....Andy Reid vs. Jeff Fisher.....man if you say Reid we can argue this for a lifetime

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes! Of course! The perfect offense that can't crack the top 20! Makes perfect sense!!

Maybe you haven't watched any Titan games this year, but it isn't our offense that's winning games for us (other than last night). They're only on the field to give the defense a rest.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I haven't missed a game in several years, so yes, I have seen our offense. The only stat I care about is the win-loss column. Fisher is running an offense that wins games. That's the most important thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more offense. But Fisher is doing what it takes (offensively and defensively) for us to win games, and that makes him a good coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar