Is Jones on the team next yr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Nov 2, 2006.

?
  1. yes, he will be here next year

78.1%
  2. no, he will be released in the off season

10.4%
  3. unsure at this time

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The local media has been talking that the Titans may cut their losses with Jones in the off season. Even in Fishers statement you could sense the frustration with Jones.

Do the Titans admit they made a mistake in Jones. Not necessarily in his on the field play but due to his off the field antics.

Is he released or is he here next yr

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nope. Wife beating and drug use doesn't get players released. No way should the Titans cut their losses with Jones.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'm unsure at this time. If he comes back next week and from here on out keeps himself and the team out of the negative spotlight then i'm sure he comes back. On the other hand, if we are to believe what Fisher said(reading between the lines) one more screwup and he could be gone. This is one of the cases that time will only tell IMO.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Its a bad move if we lose Pacman, hes a beast, hes alot better now than when he came into the leeauge as a rookie

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Rare for any team to cut their first rounder. (maybe not re-sign, but not cut)

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

As things stand now, I'd say he is back for sure.
    However, if anymore happens, who knows?

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah it is a tough one to call. If he keeps it up I think he will be gone, if he behaves he will be here. Now the question is can he behave. I seriously doubt he can.

I think he is gone next yr or he is made to sit out the season with pay. That would hurt him more than anything.

Didn't Bud say something about that or was that just a rumor. I don't remember since so much has been said about him

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

don't forget he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We've seen 1st rounders stick around who don't even get to play they are so far down the depth chart. Why cut one of the few playmakers we have? I hate the stuff Pac Man has put us through as much as the next guy (well, almost)... but c'mon... Cutting Jones would be insane.

For the poll purposes I take it that it is assumed that released is not traded.

I'd say even traded is a longshot (possible though) but certainly not released or cut which are indistinguishable terms to me.

Come to think of it Reese doesn't seem to like trades. He asks for so much he's out of it from the get-go. Never acts like he even wants to deal anyways. I bet the FO is hedging their bets that Pacman grows into his role as an adult playing pro football in the NFL.

The boy can play. (in this league) From a drafting standpoint, that is more than half the battle. It does make me sad to think that Pacman acts like such a window licking retard. I haven't had a rant on the spitting thing. I've been quiet about it. Just because I have not been overly critical doesn't mean that the whole episode doesn't piss me off.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Trading or releasing Adam Jones would be imprudent CAPwise. His signing bonus would roll forward ect. ect... We have been thru it all too often in the recent past. More likley he would windup redecorating Fishers doghouse when Woolfolk is allowed to seek other oppertunities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar