Is Locker good as gone ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tyler wilson was released after being a 4th rd pick from a team with no experienced QB on the roster. The raiders completely gave up on him so how is he a viable option here for us?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Don't mistake me in saying I think he's going to be starting. Just the fact we might have signed our backup for the next few years is all. Leaves the possibility of moving away from extending locker as well as removing Fitz in a year. Low cost. Won't be a threat to a rookie QB this year or next.

I have been loud and clear about Wilson having significant issues that created his situation and that I highly doubt he will ever start for us.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jake Locker is 25 years old and his salary for 2014 is a mere $2M. There is no logical reason for anybody to want to get rid of him.

Fitzy has one more year left on his contract and will make $2.75M. Even if we were to commit that 11th pick to a QB i don't see why we would get rid of either guy. The total cap hit for both is $4.75M along with the pro rated signing bonuses which you can't do anything about.

To me that is the ideal situation a young kid who you expect to be a franchise QB, a 25 year old still with potential and a guy over 30 who is at least experienced depth. Tyler Wilson likely on the practice squad. You have a year to work with your young guy and to evaluate Wilson. If locker is our starter next season, stays healthy and plays well you have a decision to make on signing him but that is a year away.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Did I miss something here? 2 or 3 times now I've heard talking heads on ESPN mention Jake Locker as if he's going to be available for other teams next season.

Or are these guys just idiots? (that's rhetorical)

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They don't understand that we are not picking up his option for the 2015 season. They think it means this season.

Just like so many "experts" thought Chris Johnson was getting a lump payment of $8M this year when it was just his salary.

I started a whole thread on bad analysis many weeks ago for us to identify situations when paid analysts act like they have no clue what they are talking about.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar