Is McNair worth $10 million?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2006.

?
  1. Yup

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Naw

35 vote(s)
    68.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

One of my contacts says he heard that Reese offered McNair $6million per season for 2 seasons.. Also several (more than 1) veteran QB's have expressed interest in coming here, at less money than we have offered Steve, and they will to start for 1 to 1 1/2 years and then stay on as the backup for a year or so..anybody hear this??

if it's true I suspect Steve may seek the open market

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who ?

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Good Bye :brow:

4. Nash

Nash Starter

Don't know ..I asked the same question.. of course this may be Reese posturing his side.. but Steve must have an offer of $9-10 million on the table so we may be doing him a favor by letting him go and see if he can get his ring in Miami..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ring in Miami, i think not.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ratbirds like all the other thankless B'tards

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'll give him $10mill for TWO years... but not for ONE

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i can actually see him going there too.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Garbage. This league is starved of decent QBs.

Off the top of my head, the following teams would be upgraded immediately with McNair at QB.

Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, New York Jets, Oakland, San Francisco, Tampa Bay and potentially Dallas.

Is $10m "value for money"? Maybe not. But I reckon someone would be willing to pay it. And I'm damn sure there isn't a better available QB to lead our team in 2007.

10. Nash

Nash Starter

If Houston keeps Carr, and it looks like they plan to, the only teams out there that are on the way up, and could go to the playoffs next year and need a qb are Miami and Dallas.. Tampa and Chicago are set, but I guess New Orleans might want Steve to mentor VY..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar