Is McNair worth $10 million?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2006.

?
  1. Yup

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Naw

35 vote(s)
    68.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If we give up Steve, it's going to be for some team's first round pick, whether anyone here thinks he's worth it or not. I'll say, I do. Odds may seem against it, but I believe in Steve's ability to make a comeback more than Eddie. I'd really hate to play against Steve.

But if NO wants Steve, I'll take their #2. Same with AZ, Miami, Baltimore, New York, Oakland, San Fran, Dallas, whomever. No way I give up a mentor and capable player for less. That move would be so much more decimating than anyone could expect. Well, I expect it, I guess.

If it did happen, I'm clearly taking a QB, and Volek can be the p'od Chandler for a while.

Maybe I do take Brick at #3. If the next pick is close enough - Jets, Oakland, SF - I take Leinart/Cutler. If Houston takes Young and Steve goes to NO, I'm gonna shock the world for the F'un of it and take Bush and Leinart.

But no no no....that can't happen. No way do I give up Steve. Too soon. We give up #9, we pick at least that high next year, no matter who we have. Sorry.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I can't think of any team that would be willing to drop a 1st rounder on a player that has at most two more good years. I'd be willing to trade him for a 2nd or a 1st from next year though if we can't work something out...

3. Look, they are going to come to a deal. There's no need to get worked up over what an agent says to the media.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree, this is just the agent trying to get his player paid the most he can, which is the agents job. There are probably several other teams willing to take Mcnair, but they arent going to give him any more money than we will.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Agreed. Its just an agent trying to get more money. I think McNair will resign for less than 10 million.

6. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Nope.... saying Reese has no balls is insane, damn he cut loose of Warren Moon after a MVP type season and a Probowl appearence. If Mcnair doesnt want to play ball, hes gone. Simple as that.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how the hell do you cut Warren Moon for Cody Carlson???

you should get fired for that kind of stupidity.

8. You have to remember, that was at the beginning of the salary cap, and the Oilers had to slash their roster to get under the cap. Moon had a big contract, so they traded him.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i thought Moon and Carlson had to same contract and they kept the latter because he was younger.

10. I wasn't an Oilers fan, so I'm not positive, but I think Carlson was much cheaper (not to mention younger)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar