Is Micheal Turner finished???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Turner is an interesting guy because he has been in the league for awhile and is over 30yrs old which is a dreaded age for RBs but he honestly does not have that much mileage. He has only had 3 years of over 300 carries in his career. In 2011 he had a 4.5 ypc avg and then 2012 dropped below 4 ypc for the first time in his career. He still had 9 TDs this season which isn't shabby.

Would Turner be the type of vet RB that we are looking for as a change of pace? Turner is a bigger RB weighing 235lbs. He knows blitz protection.

It will be interesting to see what the market is for his services. I don't think he will find a surefire starting RB spot from any team. He will at best get a deal that gives him a chance to start.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes nothing like he was, but people say theres a place for him on a team like ours.

Id personally rather get a Rookie big RB

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm thinking we need a vet like Turner and draft a rookie. But I'm not spending much over the vet minimum for Turner. I'd give him an incentive laden contract to get him to the $$$ he probably wants.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Get both

5. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Excellent idea. Take a shot with a late round draft pick and if they don't work out we have Turner to help spell C.J. This would work out alot better than what we had last year.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sign mendenhall people. Dude still got years. Turner got like 1 subpar year and one dumptastical year left. The stuff about mendenhall in pit is mad overreaction. The whole locker room is screwy from last year. They brought in that fool Haley and messed up the vibe. Acl rehab or not. Mendenhall can be a great back for us.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd be ok with turner or Mendenhall. I know that Mendenhall sucks, but at least he'll be 2nd string and cheap.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mendenhall sucks? How much steeler time have you gotten? He's not a breakneck speed back but dude powers thru some tough yards. Exactly what we need.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Either way, Mendenhall would be a nice pick up for us.

10. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Bradshaw is 26 and a hell of a runner when healthy. My vote would go towards him or Mendenhal.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar