Is the Jags Game this season's defining moment?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I do think that this game will define the season.

If we win it will largely go unnoticed as anything special by the media.The Jags would still be in a strong position to earn a wild card.

However if we were to lose our opening day demolition of the Jags would be meaningless & dismissed as a fluke. The media will make a big deal of it.

I agree with PitBull.Young doesn't have to anything special other than protect the football better.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Greatest turning point of any our seasons was when Samari Rolle knocked Brunnell into a concussion sending Coughlin on a rampage and turning around our 2002 season from a 1-4 start, to winning 10 out of our remaining 11.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think the last game of our season vs Indy will be plenty defining

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think you can predict a defining moment, it just happens when you're not expecting it...

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

This week definately can turn our season around in a bad way, we have to do exactly what weve been doing all season, Run and Play D

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Exactly. For all we know, that defining point could have already happened. All we can say is that this is an important game, which it is.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This is the most "nervous" I have been about a game this season. Early on, we hoped we'd do well. Then we had a relatively soft part of our schedule where we were expected to do well and we did.

Now it is put up or shut up time. This is a team playing with a lot of confidence and that confidence needs to manifest itself in wins in big games.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It will be the game that defines the Faguars as pretenders.
    They will make a few plays, but soon be demoralized.

And it will end their season.
    They will be afraid to look in mirrors after this game.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not nervous about the game and we might be getting the Jags at a good time based on their injuries although they will be like a cornered wild animal fighting for their lives.

Still, what does make me nervous is look at how we have won games this year. Heck we totally dominated the Jags in the first game and barely won. When you run for almsot 300 yards on a team and are still within one play basically from losing the game it can make you nervous.

I agree with Jeff's original post. This can be a defining moment for VY. I don't think he has to put up Rose Bowl numbers but he needs to show he can be effective. He needs to contribute the way a QB on a playoff bound team should contribute. McNair seemed to have a way of knocking some guys teeth out with his shoulder on a run to get his team pumped. It isn't always about stats (although it isn't compeltely not about them either) and Young needs to reclaim leadership of the offense.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This is the 1st real "playoff" type game we've had in a while. We're in good position, against a division opponent who most picked to be in wild card contention above the Titans. A win gives us the inside track to the playoffs and makes it very hard for the Jags to get in.

It's got all the makings of a defining game... Just like Fish talks about the 1st drive after halftime. This is the 1st game of the 2nd 1/2 of the season. If the offense can just take care of business, protect the ball and play smart I think we'll see Vince start to regain his confidence as the playoffs become more of a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar