Is there a guy you would move up for in this draft to get?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Just wondering whether their is a guy that you all feel would be worth trading up to get in this draft.

IMO if you are going to trade up in the draft you must feel that the player is a minimal bust risk and is a true impact player.

I think their are several offensive players that could be worthy of moving up for, but they aren't needs of ours. We don't need a QB, LT, or WR.

We need an impact defensive player. I'm not convinced that their is a defensive player that is a lock to be a stud. Coples is the top DE and he has question marks about his passion for the game. Stills and Brockers are the top DTs and neither of them is close to Suh or AH in skills. Upchurch and Ingram are the top tweener DE/OLBer. Claiborne is the top CB, but that isn't really a huge need of ours.

I'm just don't think their is a defensive player that is a sure bet worth trading up for.

Reason I even started thinking about this has to do with some of our recent signings. We are locking up depth positions. Guys who might be called upon to help us win games, but most likely not. A #4 WR could easily be drafted in the 4th or 5th rnd. A backup OT could be drafted in the mid rnds or you could pick up a vet late for cheap. Could we be filling those spots with these guys instead of drafting their replacements because we are thinking about making a big move and trading up. If we combined our 1st 3 picks it would get us up to the 8th spot in the draft (using the old trade value charts) now that the cost of the higher picks is less I think you will have to give away more to move up. But is Coples worth moving up to #8 for??? I don't think so and I don't think any other defensive player is worth it either.

I'd rather spend my FA money on proven impact starters and fill the backup roles via the draft.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

blackmon, richardson, coples, decastro, martin...thats the only 5 i would trade up for...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Trade up like two or three picks to ensure we get the guy we want? Yeah, sure.

Trading up from 20 to 10? Not really.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Too high of a price for a team with multiple holes.. and we'd never do it anyways.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No. The Titans have no major need and enough minor needs that it makes more sense to stay put and not give up the extra picks that it would take to move up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

It depends on the price, which is most likely going to be way to high. If we could somehow get Coples without giving up to much I would be ecstatic. In 2 years he will be in a league with Peppers, Cole, Tuck etc......If he wants it.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

This.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Nobody, far too many holes on this team. Trading down however, now you're talkin'.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I cant see us giving up draft picks to move up. After last years class we should value every pick we have. We're not getting any extra picks, just the 7 we have. It'd be more likely we traded back than up.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I might get some hate over this but....

I would not hesitate to trade Chris Johnson for an early first round pick to get Trent Richardson. Everyone can blame poor o-line play, I agree Amano and Harris constantly got blown up in the backfield. Yet we shouldn't have to make lanes a Mac Truck can fit through on a regular basis for Chris to have success. We need a guy like Eddie George to come back to Tennessee. Eddie was a good back, he constantly got 3 to 4 yards a carry this is what we need. Someone who can drive the pile and is not afraid to put his shoulder down and knock someone on their a**. What I'm afraid of is Chris lost more than just a step. When he did make it past the LOS he almost seem like he missed his ability to make that one guy miss to go to the races, this is what concern me. I'll rather have a Steven Jackson/Eddie George type back he can get 3-4 carry than a guy who breaks 20+ every now and than but kills drives with his -1,-3,1,2 performances.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar