Is there a guy you would move up for in this draft to get?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

My reasoning behind this statement, if you give it a few seconds of thought... CJ has regressed. CJ has lost speed. CJ has done nothing close to spectacular this last season, o line troubles or not. I saw average RBs getting 3-4 yards ramping it thru the middle, hitting holes half the size CJ needs...

Richardson is fresh and a heavy hitter AND still fast. Total package, AP style. That IS better in the long run (no pun) because he will sustain drives while (unless CJ comes back strong) CJ is being inconsistent.

Richardson could be an every down one man back field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Zero fumbles on 263 carries impressive stat it goes on to be me if you go back to the previous year. Trent uses a good mix of size and speed. I don't understand why some people love Chris just because of a 2000 yard year. He is not a good receiving back. I would keep Chris if we get a guy like Tolbert, her would flourish better if we had a bigger back to wear down defensive line like White did.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Another thing I know this situation will never happen that Chris Johnson will not be traded, but for people to say teams will not give up anything for him is absurd. Teams still play 8 man in the box to defend him meaning teams still respect that he is a play maker to hit a home run every time he touches. My concern is the lack to make a play without a hole open, inability to make defenders miss when he got to the next level, negative yards on most of the carries. Some team if our front office put him on the block would make a deal for him.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

CJ needs a good complimentary back. Give him some extra pep in his step, keep him a bit more fresh and use him properly as a scat back.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

the way he has been playing he would have pep in his step bringing out the water if we brought in someone like tolbert or bush....then we would have a back that should be starting but isnt because of cj contract which shouldnt happen either....

6. Titans1981

Titans1981 Practice Squad

Agree with you totally. Is there any other opportunities to move up a little higher than 16 if we really want this guy?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

More importantly how can he say the conference that won 8/14 BCS national titles is overrated??

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think he is just one of them cj nutswingers that doesnt realize that trent is better than cj....

9. munie

munie Starter

Sooo...Ringer going from 4.7 to 3.1 YPC is just a coincidence too huh? just saying...but to the thread I feel that we got the personnel to draft a lot of solid players throughout the draft. They did an excellent job getting value last year in the draft and I don't see it changing it this year. They are going to need those picks this year cuz we have various tweaks that need to be added to start contending

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, that Titans should be looking to trade down; not up. Too many positions to fill to be trading extra picks. We NEED a DE, OG, OC, and S also will probably need a CB (to replace Fin), OLB (to eventually replace Spoon), and WR (for insurance if Britt goes down).

Lots of needs, hopefully we land a 3rd comp, which is very possible with losing Tulloch and Babin. Even though we landed Hasselbeck, I don't think he'll cancel both out.

If I HAD to chose, I wouldn't mind trading up a couple picks for Devon Still.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar