Is there a guy you would move up for in this draft to get?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's not absurd. No team is going to trade for a running back with a gigantic contract, and especially not one coming off a horrible season. Running back is by far the most disposable position in the league and it makes little sense to pay for an A+ running back (which Johnson isn't even close to) when you can plug in a B+ player with a tiny salary and get basically the same production.

If the Titans tried to shop Chris Johnson, I think the best they could hope to get back would be a 4th or a 5th round pick.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

im almost think 100 percent that if we offered cj to the bengals or browns that they would give up one of their firsts for him--hopefully not the bengals as their my second favorite team but im almost certain they would....

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

to be honest i dont think we will draft a replacement for spoon this year....i think they will think he has enough to make it through one more year and we as fans will have to put up with his performance if he struggles because we have not better capable back up....hopefully im wrong but i dont see us getting a replacement in the draft this year with the bigger needs we have to fill

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

3rd-4th round WLB replacement in my books.

Barron is hurt and might slip.

Wouldn't be surprised to take him with our first.

We should Trade back by all means tho. IMO.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Trading UP tho is not an option. Too many holes to fill and not enough picks as it is.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

After watching him last year, who would trade for him?

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Keep dreaming. It might be hard to accept, but the Bengals and Browns are not run by teams of mentally handicapped people.

If the Titans could have traded CJ for an early first round pick, it would have happened long ago.

It never ceases to amuse me how many people on this forum seem to genuinely believe that they are smarter or more knowledgeable than the front office staffs of teams in a multi-billion dollar league. People play the off-season mode in Madden once or twice and get the idea that running an NFL team is a breeze.

8. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

keep CJ

improve o-line and pick up a power back to help him out...

now back to draft talk

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

You must be the perfect candidate ...roven guys getting traded for high end picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I definitely think we could've gotten a 1st for CJ last year. Not so sure about that anymore.

But I always hate this stupid "it's not madden idiot shut up" attitude. Trying to sign good football players and make good deals isn't rocket science.

Hell, make me GM. I guarantee I can win as many superbowls as our franchise has already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar