Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

And if he gets a TD or first down on half of those touches, is he worth it?

That's the problem when you just look at the money. He fills a major MAJOR need that we where lacking last year.

Wanna know one reason our defense sucked so hard last year, because the offense couldn't get a damn first down to save thier lives.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bill Polian, a Super Bowl winning GM, gave us an A+ in the first hour of FA after we signed Levitre and Walker. Mark Schlereth, another guy with a ring, was raving about the moves we were making.

I also saw Shannon Sharpe respond to someone's tweet saying that he believes Delanie Walker could be our next Frank Wycheck - in terms of a consistent, reliable, durable TE.

Also, there's this...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...os-browns-flying-out-the-gates-of-free-agency

**** the guy who wrote the article about us being the biggest losers in FA. He clearly has no shot at advancing in the field of journalism with horrendous articles with false opinions (yes, opinions can be false).

Any true NFL fan knows the Titans did a great job in FA this year. I guarantee you Texans and Colts fans ain't happy about it right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If he scores 20 touchdowns next year he was worth it. Given that he's never scored more than eight as a starter on an offense with similar talent and production as the one we have, I don't see that happening.

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So it has to to be TD's?

Moving the chains helps just as much as well. Hopefully we never see a TOP in a game so lopsided to another team.

5. RavensShallBurn

Prediction:

With Shonn Greene, we will rank top 5 in rushing.

Remember in 2009 when CJ ran for 2k? The Jets were the #1 rushing offense with Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

3 year/$10mil is a bit steep, but it's not THAT bad. I can think of at least two backup RBs who are paid more (Stewart and Bush).

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It takes ten million dollars for that? It's like there wasn't a guy available to be a backup who could do that for less than $3.3 million per year. I would have taken Michael Turner at the vet minimum over Greene at $3.3 million per year, easily.

Mike Goodson was the guy to sign.

7. RavensShallBurn

I prefer Greene over Turner for one reason:

Greene is 27. Turner is 31 and close to done if not done altogether... and I'm willing to bet he signs with someone for $2mil or more per year (probably a 2 year deal).

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I would have much rather have gotten Turner for 2 years 5 mill or so. Atlanta's run blocking was pretty awful and not much better than ours. I think Greene will still get the job done with us but I just think we really overpaid for a guy who is the epitome of average/below average. He might be better in a backup role though..

Just too bad Jamie Harper is a bigger b*tch than Griffin. He has the size to be that guy but just can't get it done. Still upset we wasted a pic on that bum.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:biglaugh:

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Little late to the party, but who wrote that pile or garbage? I'll tweet mean things to him, that'll show him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar