Is this team getting worse???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karamello, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karamello

karamello Camp Fodder

This team is desperately in need of playmakers on both sides of the ball and the best they do is Alge Crumpler? I mean don't get me wrong I actually like AC but when the NFL Network is saying thats your top move; somethings wrong. Now, maybe they were in on other players but...I must've missed it. Cause usually its reported when certain players come in to interview, discuss, negotiate, etc...and when you see the stinkin Raiders overpay you wonder why these Titans can't at least pay SOMETHING. If DeAngelo Hall cost Oakland only a 2nd RD and a big contract...why aren't we going after such players. There are rumblings about Chad Johnson wanting out of Cincy...hopefully mgmt will be a player for him, the Raiders own Asomugha is reportedly possibly leaving next season, Titans should jump on him. The Titans SOOO NEED a MLB, Vilma?! Nothing. I'm happy Kearse is back and hopefully he can have a rejuvenation like KVB has had.

Every year it just seems that the big name FA's don't even appear to be a possibility in comingr to signing in Tenn. David Givens, Kelly Herndon, Nick Harper, Eric Moulds, Carl Pickens, Yancey Thigpen, none of which strike fear into anyone. David Thorton was a nice get as will be Crumpler. I've always like J. Gage, so thats not bad. But how does the Patriots get Stallworth, Moss, Welker, and Adalius Thomas in one offseason? Granted they all can't stay but...THEY TRIED. Thats all i want to see. I'm sure the draft will tell us a lot and the Titans scouting dept usually does a great job finding gems. Hopefully they will again.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the FO signed a pretty good crop of guys at yard sale prices
    I'd bet the majority of our remaining cap will be used to extend some of our corps guys

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Lets wait til after free agency and the draft before we declare this team better or worse.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets just close our eyes and wish this away. When someone considers Donte Stallworth a big signing who strikes fear into names you know someone is just *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

6. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

This team made the playoffs after finally recovering from one of the biggest salary cap purges of all time. We have a GM who doesn't think you have to go through periodic purges like that and I think he's right. Let's see how successful MR is in signing some of our home grown talent (like our OT's) before we get worried. Has Donte Stallworth ever had a 1000 yard season yet? Why would we want to pay him all that $$$. I learned a long time ago that just 'cuz she looks good, it don't mean the *****'s good.

7. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

you cant judge if our team is better or worse yet. there is still plenty of time before the draft to sign other players as well as the draft itself. heck maybe we pull off a trade in the draft. you dont know that. also, you dont know how much better our own players will get throughout training camp. maybe roydell worked his a** off this offseason and will breakout as a true number one reciever. its not something you can judge this early.

8. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

another 05 draft

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I trust this set of "braintrusts" more than with floyd the barber, heck I trust them more than myself as I also wanted to draft Calico and Troupe, but WTF do I know huh.:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar