Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I really would love to see Verner stay! If anyone deserves a new contract he does imo. Cut CJ and give him all of CJ's money lol jk I have no idea what CJ would be payed next year if we do keep him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How has Revis played 18 games?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We'll franchise him if we don't resign him.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We franchise tag him & see if he can keep up this level of play another year. If he does, time to pay the man. Or, there's a chance somebody like Coty Sensabaugh steps up and we let him walk. Who knows.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I like Verner a lot, but the truth is that the way the game is called now there is no such thing as a shut down corner so why pay for it. Of course the only way to defeat a top level QB since you can't play corner back now is to put said QB on his ass...we don't do that so...

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So we should just not even bother trying to stop QBs?

The league is built for passing, makes sense that wed need to have good DBs to pair with some pass rushers.

7. JCBRAVE

2012 he had 2 games

Id couldnt just show his 2012 stats, theres hardily none. So i used his 2011 stats plus the 2 in 2012 he played

I used 2011 because thats what got him his new contract

8. JCBRAVE

CJ is owed 8M next year, thats acctually what Verner is worth IMO

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Big TT

Don't miss understand...I like Verner a lot, but like I said I wouldn't pay insane $$$ for a position that isn't allowed to exist anymore. I think finnegan was vastly overpaid by the rams, same for reavis. I would make him a good offer, like I said, I like the way he plays...seems to have a nose for the ball. But since you are not allowed to play "shut down" corner now I wouldn't pay for it.

10. Big TT

I agree, but job number one has to be put the qb on his ass...hard to complete a pass on your butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar