Is Week 17 Meaningless For Anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Does Week 17 become a pointless game for everyone, now that we can't make the playoffs?

I'm still looking forward to the game, and can find some meaning in it.

A win will mean we have defeated 5 of the 12 playoffs teams, we will have a 5-1 record against playoff teams, we will finish tied for 1st in our division, and we will have out first winning season since 2011.

That's plenty enough motivation for me to get interested and cheer for a victory, and end the season on a high note knowing we have a solid foundation to build our future on.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Until we can beat our divisonal opponets we are crap, with that said, if we can beat the Texans it will be meaningful to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I just really really really do not like the Cows, so sending them into the playoffs with a big L would be great with me.

I will be watching....was going to have the Packers-Lions game on recall, but they have been moved to primetime next week, so I guess it is all Titans next week LOL.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

So our starters beat their 2nd string :banjump:

This was going to be such a fantastic game for us. To beat the Texans in week 17 to go to the playoffs and send them home.

Huge letdown.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They will play their starters on O. Savage needs the reps. D may get some rest. Their play calls may be vanilla.

6. RealestWhiteBoy

I don't care if we're playing drunk fans we found at the tailgate wearing the wrong team's jersey ... I'd still rather end the season with a win and a winning record than lay down and finish 8-8.

The stakes being lowered is a letdown ... doesn't change my desire to see the game or hope for a win, though. If we were going in at 6-9 and had no shot at finishing above .500, then I don't know if I'd watch or just get one with my New Year's Day, though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Does losing improve our draft position?

8. RealestWhiteBoy

If we lose and Tampa Bay wins, then we improve out draft position by 1. lol

We have 2 picks, one is in the top 5 ... improving #17 to #16 doesn't even cross my mind. I'd much rather have a winning season to build off of.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Lose baby, lose!

It will go one of two ways; they'll come out emotionless because they killed any chance of a playoff spot and still mourning the death of Mariota, or they'll want that last win to have a winning season.

Mularkey will preach that second option all week. We'll see how much of an effect it will have.

I take no pride in beating Houston's backups though...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It will be interesting to see if they play as hard for the backup, or harder....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar