Is Week 17 Meaningless For Anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh... Titans just rubbed some salt into the wound that is the saturday loss....

my playoff tickets arrived...

Fuka You Whale!

2. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

I want a win because 9-7 sounds better than 8-8, bitches.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Our 9-7 has us in the same playoff position as the 1-15 Browns. WGAF? And we pick later and our division "winner" will pick earlier if we win.

Big price to pay for foolish "pride" and ticket selling PR in my book. Mularkey's inability to prepare the team for Jags game caused ANY fan momentum to come to a screeching halt.

#113 Riverman, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Butch up Alice.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

They should just have the two cheerleading squads play powder puff. I might actually watch that. It would mean just as much.

6. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Valid points, but I don't want to root for players that don't play hard thru the final game (regardless of implications) and aren't skilled enough to beat houston's (likely) second string team. At least half these players are going to carry over to next year's team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

the only positives that can come from this game are standout performances by some youngsters. everything else is absolutely meaningless. i'd like to see byard make a play. henry get a big workload.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I'd root hard for our less experienced players to get all the reps. I just think the win is meaningless (and actually detrimental). I'm not supporting losing for the draft, but I'm more into a better way to build for next year. Why risk injury to guys we know are likely to start next year for us, especially when a mean does little except to bolster AAS/Mularkey's popularity and sell tickets?

I honestly don't think 9-7 means anything more than 8-8. Also don't believe that real fans of this game are going to forget another colossal blunder where we lost the playoffs and remember going on out on a "win" against a division "winner" that rested their best.

And as much as we hate, it still is the "same ole Titans" because this is nearly identical to what happened with Munchak and the hapless Colts to knock us out of playoffs and then we won a meaningless game against the Texans IIRC.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

Don't look for much of Henry. Mularkey has already been asked by reporters if he will adjust the RB rotation to get Henry more game time experience. His response, "I'd say we're going status quo, we're going to go with our workhorse. Based on how we play personnel wise, we like it, it's been good the last few weeks, we'd like to keep it in that same rotation."

Mularkey is so committed to Murray it outweighs his obligation to the team. Just my opinion of course. However, in the game against the Bears Murray looked gassed & fumbled. We were up 20pts and Mularkey still refused to play Henry more. It would be different if Henry was not producing in his chances. However, Henry was gashing the Bears with the very limited snaps he got. I felt very much the same about the Jags game; and a few other games. I'm not one of those guys who wants Henry over Murray. I think Murray has been good. I do think we should ride the hot hand MUCH more than we do. There have been games Murray did not play well, and Henry picked up chunks. Yet Henry still did not get a chance to build on it.

It is not a bad thing to rest Murray more IMO. I feel like if we had rested him more this season he would've been better in some other games. Especially when he was rehabbing his toe injury. Murray has been great IMO. I am certainly glad we picked him up in the off season. I just think it is not very intelligent to risked a big injury to the "Work Horse" when there is absolutely NOTHING to gain from this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar