It hasn't been fun

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Well talking on the board was cool but until this franchise does something about the coaching staff I can't do it anymore losing like this all the time is a ****** feeling so see you guys hopefully after Black Monday

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The titans sucking is news to you? I come here more for the personalities on site than for the titans. I was well past discouraged years ago. I don't even hardly watch the games on tv anymore.. But gotitans is fun to hang out in.

The franchise has sucked for at least 60-70 percent of its existence. So none of this is surprising or even all that out if the ordinary. They always blow it about mid season. Late in the season, if they're lucky.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The hours following a loss sure do suck on GoTitans, but by the following Monday everyone has cooled down making this place bearable.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

got to make the best of it, we are all fans of the same team but this year has been incredibly difficult

5. JCBRAVE

Last year was much worse.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

idk i mean the downfall this year after a promising start is bad. Now we have to figure out our qb situation as well damnt

7. JCBRAVE

We're competitive this year, last year we laid down like punks in several games. At least in all of this years losses Ive been able to enjoy 3/4 of the game.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

If Jake doesn't go down against the Jets...........

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

IF is a big word, IF we do this, IF we do that then this happens. He did go down vs the jets and went down again with another injury completely separate vs the jags.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I have to confess that this has been as personally demoralizing a season as I can recall. The death of Bum and Bud, the ongoing Locker injuries, disappointing play from the OL and LB units, and the failure of Munch to get this team up for critical games... I've just written the year off. I didn't watch the last game vs the Colts. It was the first game in Titans history that I've missed.

This is all made worse by the brand of football offered by the NFL these days... the overall quality of play is as poor as I can recall (I've been a fan since the early 70's), and if a game is close, it's almost a given that it will be decided by the officiating. I almost feel like an idiot for continuing to lap it up.

To recognize this, yet continue to watch and gripe about it reminds me of a line from Woody Allen's "Annie Hall":

"There's an old joke... two elderly women are at a Catskill Mountain resort and one of 'em says "Boy the food in this place really terrible". The other one says, "Yeah, and such small portions""

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar