It looks like the Titans will draft Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"When talking to Titans general manager Floyd Reese, you could hear the excitement in his voice about the possibility of drafting and developing a young franchise quarterback. With the third overall pick in April's draft, and with the Texans likely to pick Reggie Bush, Tennessee will pick either Matt Leinart (Reese's preferred choice) or Vince Young — whichever QB isn't selected by the Saints. I asked Reese if the rising Jay Cutler was an option for the Titans. Reese, who has seen the quarterback's entire career at nearby Vanderbilt, flatly said no."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5356890

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hahahaha.

3. It's a lock. Cutler will be a Titan... :ha:

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

Thanks I used this in another forum with some guy that think we will get cutler no matter what

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Yeah, but there was a hesitation in there between flatly and no. ;) Give the dreamers some hope.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I wouldn't put too much into that, either way. It would be dumb to rule out anything before the draft, unless you're absolutely sure you don't want to trade down at all.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors...:winker:

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i'm sorry, but honestly i find that halarious :ha:

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Would the Titans rather have Cutler at 3 or trade down? Trade down. They're getting other teams to take notice so they're feeling what the titans will do. Apparently the dolphins wanna trade up- and if the dolphins think the titans are gonna take him at #3, thats the highest he'll go. So it may just be that the titans are playing the media.

10. No matter what Reese says, there is NO WAY he's going to actually show his cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar