It looks like the Titans will draft Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I am starting to see a trade down more of a possibility....unless of course, Leinart, Bush and Cutler all hit single digits on the Wonderlic. If we move down to #5, we'll still get Young, Cutler, or Brick...who ever falls plus a pick or two.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd gladly take a deal to drop to #5, but I don't think we're going to get one offerred... anywhere below 5 is way too risky... also, that's only if we think cutler is the real deal...

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

You'd think everyone would have learned that with our number 6 pick last year.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Either way it could be a smoke screen to 1. build up Young or Leinart improving the value of our #3 and 2. diminish Cutler so he could fall a few spots. Best scenario is for the Titans to trade down because some team thinks Young or Leinart is way better than waiting for Cutler and then the Titans get the guy they liked best later. Still, I don't see why Reese would flatly say no about any player at this point unless it was a smoke screen. Heck, VY could stink up the place when he finally decides to throw or Leinart could show his arm really isn't strong enough.

5. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

I have posted alot about this in many other threads so all i will say is alot of teams play smoke and mirror games and say they won't draft someone and end up drafting him. They do it so that player is still available or to try and make their pick seem more valuable to trade.

6. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

i dont think the titans will pass on young if hes still available at 3

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I hope they do pass. I just don't think Young is the one for the Titans.

8. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Maybe that means something in and of itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar