It Starts at the top...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I know we're getting beat up enough out here, but I really wanted to put all my thoughts together in one post..

Honestly, we suck across the board.

This starts at the top, Webster did a horrible job this off-season. The two biggest problems from last season still exist -- OL & DL.

It starts with the coaching, the playcalling is horrendous. Both Palmer & Gray have to go. Neither will improve, nor the offense or defense while these 2 guys are still around.

The OL is awful, it can't run block or pass protect. I feel a little bad for CJ, I barely blame him for this -- there's nowhere to run. Harris, Velasco & Hutchinson suck.

I like Locker and Britt/Nate/Wright/Cook, but they're hindered by the playcalling.

On defense, Wimbley is our best DE, Morgan is starting to improve. But behind them, the depth is a 7th round rookie [Solomon] and a walk on [Dawson]. Does anyone else notice what horrible depth we have at DE? Wow, that's bad.

At DT, Casey is a beast. We need to get Marks back asap. Martin is showing flashes but isn't ready. Harris is just a walk on. Klug has yet to show anything through 2 games.

I actually like the trio of Witherspoon, Ayers & Mccarthy [who we badly missed today]. I think Griffin & Johnson may be the worst starting safeties in the league. Griffin does nothing but attempt to tackle high and whiff (I thought you're taught at the amateur level to go low, but Griff always goes high & misses). Griff also doesn't cover anybody. R.Johnson has been awful too, constantly out of position.

I think Mccourty & Verner are a lot better than they've shown so far, Gray's schemes on defense (especially vs. the pass) are just awful. Mouton & Campbell haven't shown anytihng either.

Basically, we have far too many holes with bad coaching as well. The coaches don't have enough talent on the roster (there's a ton of talent but not enough at OL & DL), combined with awful playcalling and you have the awful team that we are.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. pettso

pettso Starter

Yeah... to sum it up, it's gonna be a long season guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm just going to enjoy the ride, hope we can spoil a team at some point and cheer against the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Pats, Broncos - dammit that's too much to ask for. One of those teams will be in the Super Bowl.

Go Panthers! And 9ers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar