IT

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Parts... good casting, though.

The script was a bit heavy. Lines that worked in the book don't always translate as well when physically being spoken in a given situation.

The effects are weak, but... those are few and it's a character-driven story.

It's a love-hate situation. Not great, not bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

See, that's the way I feel about nearly every King work taken to the screen...just usually doesn't translate well....I mean, one of my all time favorite Vampire novels was Salem's Lot...the made for TV mini series was a joke...David Soul..give me a break.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I will say... a story is only as good as its villain, typically. Randall Flagg was disappointing, to me.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Just rewatched the original and to my surprise, I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing.

I don't like replacing Tim curry but a remake can't hurt. Definitely a lot of "made for TV" acting in there (including the young Seth green).

Unfortunately for me, I thought the ending was stupid enough for me to not give a crap to see the new ones.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A King story with a stupid ending...well I never.

**** you The Dome and your ****** ending.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

How about the "ending" to the entire Dark Tower story?

7. HurrayTitans!

Not sure if this was entirely sarcastic or not but while king has some bad ending movies, there are probably just as many with fine endings.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some of his books are "this is awesome, this is awesome this is awesome...wtf this makes no sense".

The Dome he literally went History channel Alien guy in the end.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Flagg was good...opinions...amiright?

10. HurrayTitans!

I was also disappointed with dream catcher.
    I'd add the mist but only because of how morbid it ended.

Looking up some of his other movies, I didn't even know they were all stephen king. Had no idea running man was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar