It's a new season...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

So we're at .500 with 8 games to go. If we wanna make the playoffs I think the best way to do it will be to win the division. We need to run the table and win out starting Sunday against Carolina. Is it improbable, yes, very. Is is possible, yes, very. As bad as we have played so far we're still right in the mix. I don't see Houston winning out so if we can take it one game at a time and find a way to win each week then this division is ours.

Yes I'm drinking the best case scenario kool-aid but f**k it I'm on one.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The season is more enjoyable when you're looking at the glass half full. It's too easy to give up now. Like every other team, we've broken the season into quadrants. We won the first quarter, but lost the 2nd quarter. We just need to keep winning, there's little margin for error at this point. But we ARE still in the race, and that's all we could've hoped for.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i feel like the majority of the titans fans have given up on this season just like they gave up on watching the bengals game when they started hitting the exits with 4 mins left in the game, with the ball, down by 7.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Big Time Titan

Maybe this makes me cheap but if I pay good money for a ticket I'm not even gonna leave if we're getting romped. Now if it's snowing and freezing outside and we're getting humiliated like we did against the Patriots a while back then maybe.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every team has fans that bail early to avoid the rush. That's no knock on anyone really.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If you stay to the end and everyone else has bailed you get out quicker than they do

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Run the table?????

If that's what it's going to take to make it into the playoffs, we really might as well give up because that's not going to happen. 10-6 will still win our division, so there's no need to run the table.

This is what I've been saying... best case scenario is to be 7-6 after this brutal 5 game stretch ahead of us. From there we've gotta win three in a row (against IND, JAX, HOU), and we'll be in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big Time Titan

I like your point of view. I hope that things shake out that way. I'd be stoked if we make it to week 17 with the division on the line, that would be badass. The reason I think that we need to run the table is that I don't think we can afford to lose because I feel like it'll sink the team's spirit.

Personally I don't care whether I'm right or wrong on this, I'm just really hopeful that we can get it together and make the playoffs and from there who knows. It'd be great to make it to the playoffs and knock off Baltimore and Pittsburgh along the way to the SB! I'm probably getting ahead of myself but you get the idea.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our schedule isn't that hard. Not easy, but we can pull some out if we pull our heads in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd say our schedule is very tough actually.

Three things that need to happen this weekend:

1. Titans W
    2. Texans L
    3. Falcons W

If the Falcons lose, we are going to have an extremely tough time in ATL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar