Its early but here is my blueprint for the 07 Titans.............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

First off, whay follows is my opinion not anything I have heard is the case out of BSP.

I'd let go of LT Sirmon Drew Kinney Pillar.

Id resign Starks and AH to good deals. I would extend Troupe now cheaply. I would go after Justin Smith DE and Mike Lewis S and here is the shocker.................I go after Tony Gonzalez. He just reached milestones in his deal to void the remainder of his deal and the Chiefs can not afford to keep him given their needs and FA losses due to come this yr. They have to rebuild thier OL WR and DL as well as QB and they have a ton of FA that must be replaced. Gonzo with Troupe and VY would create absolute nightmares for any team we faced. Givens Jones and WAde would not have to be elite. This move also would allow us to pass on CJohnson because we would not need him and we could spend the whole draft retooling the D and shoring up the DL MLB and S spots....................I would draft the DE out of Clemson or trade down for Poluszny to play MLB or draft a CB opposite Adam..........................and get picks. My goal would be to totally draft D and maybe one OL in round 3-5 for depth at C or OG. I would also look to secure a back up QB like Wallace or Weinke or draft one in 5-7 and develop....................My stategy would be to build inside up and avoid blowing a top 5 on a WR.................the return on investment for a WR in the top 5 is poor at best and Gonzo will be productive for 2-4 more yrs...............Discuss and let me hear what you think

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chris Weinke still plays?

3. You mean we should pick Gaines Adams, cos that would be a great move, I like going after Gonzalez, for inexperienced QB's, you feel safe passing to TE's and this would help Young a lot, I agree with you on resighning AL and Starks, and releasing the others, pretty much agree with you on most things there...

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

yes...........we need a guy who has game day experience but no illusions of starting...........blowing a draft pick on one is not too smart because lets face it............with VY he is not going to sniff the field unless injured. Seneca Wallce fits the bill because the offense would not change one bit with a guy like him............Weinke would not but he has experience and is likely to be dirt cheap. Chris Simms is another but he is so young I doubt he would want a second fiddle spot and not behind VY for obvious reasons...............Kitna is another guy who might be available............

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I think we need to go after S, DE, DT. We need a stud at each position. I 100% believe CJ is not the guy we need.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Personally I see MLB as the biggest need on this roster....................we will never go back to a dominant D until we find a sub 4.5 MLB...................

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

with a top 5 pick there is no MLB or CB or S who fits the bill.................next yrs draft however has tons of CB talent from 12-45.............so in round two one can get one..............only two S will merit top picks......Landry and Merriweather.............that is it. MLB will be there but I dont see FR going MLB or S this high. DE is very likely the only spot I can see us taking one............a dark horse selection could be RB if we let CB and TH go.............Peterson and LW would be awfully tough combo to stop.

8. I was high on D'Quell and Ryans last year but they were taken early 2nd, perhaps trade for Ray Lewis, I remember debating about that...

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I liked AJ Hawk but seeing VY i am glad we got him over AJ...............AJ has been making a ton of plays here lately.

10. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

who fills Pacman's spot since he will not be on our roster next year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar