IT'S EDIBLE - random recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok hoffa..

I wasn't paying close enough attention to your question. Sorry.

At about 30 minutes the meatloaf should have at least a couple of tablespoons of fat in it. That is used to saute the veggies and then the sauce is cooked for as long as the meatloaf is and added on top in the final 15 minutes. The sauce helps to keep the meatloaf from drying out and will still be cooking down while on the meatloaf in the oven. So that sauce will still be cooking for about 30 minutes total most of it in the pan and some on the meatloaf...

It's not an exact science the meatloaf can cook an extra 10 minutes if need be for the sauce to get real good as long as it(meatloaf) isn't drying out..

2. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

RollTide,

I forgot to mention in the crawfish pistollettes, only add about half the cheese at first. Check it to see if it is cheesy enough and add the rest as needed. A lb of Velvetta could be too much just keep adding it till you reach a level of cheesiness that is to your liking.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fried Bologna Pizza

I made this last night, and it turned out pretty good. My wife, a northener, liked it a lot.

I took a plain pizza crust and brushed olive oil on it, and then sprinkled some Paul Prudhomme's Pizza and Pasta Magic spice over that.
    Then I put Ragu white cheesy pasta sauce over the crust.
    After that I covered it all with cheddar cheese.

Meanwhile, I fried bologna with garlic and cut it in triangles, then placed it throughout the pizza.
    The crust I bought said to bake at 425, which I did until everything melted down and began to brown.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

New hampshire..

Anyone been there? We are planning a trip to the squam lake area there. That's where they filmed the movie "on golden pond" and it is beautiful there and since that is one of my mom's favorite movies we are taking her for her birthday in october.

I'm wondering where we are going to eat or if anyone knows about the best places there. Clam chowder and lobster rolls i presume.. we are also planning to drive the one hour to concord mass to see walden pond and see emerson and thoreau's old stomping grounds, houses etc. We will eat lunch there but i have no idea where..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/za80MxiNZV4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/za80MxiNZV4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I don't think i pasted this yet but if i did sorry it's worth another look. awesome recipe from one of the best american cookbooks ever. They use breast instead of chicken pieces and the recipe in the book calls for spaghetti. Man does that look good and look at what a fun time they are having. That's what this is about!

6. cajuntitan

Fried bologna Pizza?? :eh?:

You weren't kidding!!! :ha:

But, seriously, I would try it but my wife won't touch balogna with "my" mouth!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Oh nos,the SB result at the end kind of ruined it.:))

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fried bologna..

Used to like it as a kid. It was fun to put a slice of bologna on the frying pan and watch it puff up like a hat. Pretty good on white bread with lots of ketchup.

In the last 10 years i almost can't eat it at all. I have tried a few times but just can't like it. Still love hot dogs which i know are similar but there is something about bologna i don't like anymore.

Mortadella(original bologna) is better but those big cubes of fat are really a turn off. Like it would need more fat. :rolleyes: Plus mortadella at a deli costs the same as pastrami which i would much prefer. Take hoffa's recipe and use pepperoni instead of bologna and i'm in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortadella

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Never forget from where it is you come from...

10. cajuntitan

Amen, bro.

By the way everyone, I just spent labor day weekend in Texan's Town. I waved to Overalls as I passed through Baytown. :wave2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar