IT'S EDIBLE - random recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cajun, you spend any time at the kemah resort there?

2. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

You know, I have never been to Kemah. I hear it is nice and I have friends that go all the time. I just never have. I will have to make a point of it in the near future.

I'm watching the Saints - Colts game right now and Jason David just got burned for the THIRD time. Maybe the Saints could try out LT, even he wasn't that bad!!!:ha:

Back to the point. No, we spent the soggy weekend in Houston. Is TN still not getting any rain, because I sure would like to send ya'll some. I have been trying to paint my house now for three months. I have managed to get the back painted, and that is it. I really wish it would stop raining.

Have you got your book yet? If so try the rice cooker Jamb. on page 401. It is quick and easy. I leave out the butter, because you don't need it and I think it makes the jamb. too greasy.

And just for the hell of it, you know this being a recipe thread....

Crawfish Fettucini

1 1/2 sticks of butter
    3 stalks celery chopped
    1 bell pepper chopped
    1 bunch green onions chopped
    3 cloves garlic chopped
    1/3 cup flour
    1/2 cup water
    2 lb crawfish tail meat
    4 Tbs parsley
    1 lb hot mexican Velveta Cheese
    1 pt. half and half
    1 2 oz pack of fettucini noodles
    parm. cheese

Saute veg. in butter for about 10 min in a 5 qt. pot. Add flour & blend. Add water and cook over low heat for 2 - 5 min. Add crawfish, parsley, velveta, half and half and garlic. cook over very low heat for 15 - 20 min. Boil Fettucini, drain and set to the side. Salt and pepper crawfish mixture to taste. Mix in noodles. Top with parm. cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

You can add that to your crawfish cookbook.:ha:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great recipe! I love using velvetta in a lot of recipes also.

Kemah is owned by landry seafood company who own the hotel and every restaurant there. I've always wanted to go to willie g's..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Game time recipes!

What will some of you be eating during the game? Most of us won't be at the game itself but home watching the tv so what is the plan?

Here is a recipe for easy tamale pie...Ultra easy because you don't cook anything ahead of time..

EASY TAMALE PIE

24 oz canned or prepared chili(wendy's chili isn't bad for this)

1 1/2 lbs grated chedder cheese..

Cornbread batter 4 cups self rising cornmeal---2 2/3 cups buttermilk-1/2 cup oil-2 lg eggs..

Stir in 1/2 lb of the cheese to the cornbread batter..

In a large oiled baking pan pour 1/2 of the chili. Follow with cornbread batter and bake at 350 for around 45 minutes until the cornbread on top is set. Add remaining half of chili and remaining 1 lb of cheese on top of chili. Continue to bake until cheese is melted.

That easy little prep, chili followed by cornbread and later more chli and finally cheese. Great with fresh salsa and sour cream but fine as it is.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cajun, i don't have the pirates pantry book yet just in my shopping cart at amazon. I have made jambalaya and other rice dishes in the rice cooker before. Works great but getting possession of the rice cooker for a couple of hours in our house isn't easy..:ha:

Jambalaya is probably my favorite of all the Louisiana dishes. Also the easiest and cheapest to make. Amazing how just a few ingredients cooked with rice can be so good..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slow cooker beef and tomato jambalaya...

Spices..

2 tablespoons italian herb seasoning
    2 teaspoons black pepper
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 teaspoon allspice
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper
    2 teaspoons hot sauce

2 lb chuck roast

1 lb smoked sausage cut into bite sized pieces.

3 cups chopped onion

2 cups chopped green pepper

1 cup chopped celery

2 jalapeƱo peppers chopped

1 large 28oz can stewed tomatoes

1 can tomato soup

1 quart canned beef broth

4 cups uncooked long grain rice

Brown and crumble ground chuck. Add 1/2 onions, celery peppers and saute until soft. Add remaining onions, celery, peppers and saute for just 30 seconds. Place meat and vegetables in large crock pot and add remaining ingredients. Gently stir together and cook either on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. This makes for a very beefy rich jambalaya that is mild to medium hot.

Cooking half the vegetables for a different amount of time adds to the depth of flavor and texture. Paul prudhomne does this a lot. I like having three sources of heat in a dish. fresh peppers are obviously different in flavor from dried and powdered peppers and hot sauce is also different. The allspice will be barely noticeable but will bring out the flavors and add aroma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar