It's Game Time! Good Luck!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crow-Magnon, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Well, this freakin' week took a week :lol: to get here! But it's Saturday and time for the Ravens to challenge the Titans for a spot at the AFC Championship next Sunday.

I'll be honest: I figured that after a 5-11 season last year, a rookie HC and then starting a rookie QB, that the Ravens were headed for an exciting but 7-9 season....at the best. To have finished 11-5, get a WC spot and win their first playoff game has been awesome.

So, if the Ravens lose today, I will be disappointed, but still proud of the way they played this year. Especially knowing that Flacco is...finally...the quarterback this team has been looking for since 1996. Next year will be a great season.

So good luck to the Titans! I hope this game is one for the books!

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

It should be a slobber-knocker for sure. I am still amazed at where the Titans have gone this year as well, I remember thinking after VY went down in the Jax game that it was going to be a long season!

Here's to a great game...a Titan's win [of course] a lack of drunk, obnoxious Ravens fans sitting around me. Would hate to have two Ravens beat downs in one game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed!

Both teams made MAJOR strides and appear to be BACK as major contenders...probably for awhile. Congrats on a good season so far! And usually, Titans/Baltimore games have been excellent games no matter who has won so I expect another great game. Sometimes the Ravens dominate, sometimes the Titans dominate. Sometimes it's a kick/scratch/claw game!

All we have to do now is kill several more hours!!!

Ugh...

Gut

PS - For my friend's sake (and the Titans indirectly), I hope Rex gets and takes the Jets job!!!

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If Ravens win im gonna be more surprised a rookie QB made it to the AFC Championship game, how many times has that been done?

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Both teams have been impressive this year. I hope it's one for the record books. Good luck.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I don't believe a rookie QB has ever won 2 playoff games. I think Marino and Big Ben went to the Super Bowl in their 2nd seasons. I could be wrong...but I don't remember any rookie QB winning multiple playoff games.

The key is, if the Ravens force turnovers and get a lead. We need to get a lead in this one and force them to throw when they don't want to and when our DL can come after him full bore!

Gut

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's correct. Ben, Shaun King and Flacco are the only 3 rookie QBs to win their 1st playoff game and both King and Ben lost their following game.

:ravens:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

That's correct. So either history will be made today or Joe will join the ranks of one great rookie QB and.......who? :lol:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well we let some Colts players make History 2 weeks ago, so we will see.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Both King and Ben were on teams that had a first-week bye in the playoffs and both actually advanced to the conference championship before losing to eventual Super Bowl champions. They were both on really good teams.

Unfortunately Flacco is on a team of scrubs, so his season will be over in about 8.5 hours.

:ravens:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar