It's Hard Rooting for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Its hard rooting for the Titans being a small market football team. I'm from up North ( Canada ) and thoroughly cheer for the Titans. I am a huge fan and have been so for quite some time. After yesterday, stopping one of the leagues best running tandems in Drew and Taylor we get no credit. We put 282 yards on the ground ...... and no credit.

Now I didn't get too watch the game because of my Cable company's great hook up schedule ( my Sunday ticket ) but from what it seems we had a very strong game. The only highlight on nfl.com seems as though it's a Jaguar commentator, no Chris Brown, and Broussard beating Finnegan over and over. No one has brought up the game in regardless to Brown and our run D.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Let the Mark Schlereth's, Ron Jaworski's, and Merrill Hodge's of the world overlook us. Let them be homers and praise the Broncos, Eagles, and Steelers... This team isn't hard to root for. It's a pity you weren't able to watch this game because it was awesome but when we come out of New Orleans 3-0 the talking heads in the box will take notice.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Go back in time and try being a Canadian fan of the Oilers in the Seventies. Other than the four games a year that were usually televised (we generally got the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games), all I got was a couple of highlights on George Michael's Sport's Machine (maybe) and a lame boxscore in the Monday paper.

Back then I used to subscribe to a publication called "The Oiler Report". It was a weekly newspaper on the Houston Oilers. I used to get it about 4 weeks after street date, making it just a tad less than current. I have to tell you, I loved the old Oiler Report, loved getting it in my mailbox once a week even if it was out of date. The USA Today wasn't even around back then, so I'd literally have to wait a frickin month to find out who was getting sacks, picks, tackles etc.

It's hard for me to feel overly sympathetic with today's Titan's fan from afar given modern technology and the abundance of sports channels available at your fingertips. NFL Sunday Ticket is available up here in the Great White North does your cable company not offer it? You could pay for some kind of online feed if that's not available.

As for the team getting no respect in the media, the team has sucked for the past few years... win a few playoff games and the respect will come.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

No no no. I was working up North and had just gotten home. Since I ordered it It took three weeks to get someone to come and connect it. Yesterday at 4 the calbe guy came so I missed all the early games.
    And yes by no means should I be *****ing considering what you were saying. I could only imagine being that far behind current issues. I have seen enough and read enough to know almost everything from the game just a little respect for a pretty dominant game would be nice. I do understand VY was horrendous also which may contribute to the lack of coverage.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Canada and the usa at night. Good luck.

[​IMG]

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That pic makes me want to move up north and become a Ice Road Trucker....y'all can have all these lights...

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

If we beat the Colts everyone will talk about us

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Was it me, or did halftime skip the titans?

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Who are you...Merril Hoge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar