It's nice to know (Power Rankings)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I seriously don't care about offseason power rankings. It's pure guesses, based on old data.
    We have added 20!!! new players via free agency and the draft. That's nearly half a squad, yet the smart folks already know how we'll perform.

2. M13

M13 Rookie

Not that the offseason rankings matter one bit, but 28th is kinda harsh for a team that added as much as we have and we were already better than 28th last year!

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

My two cents:

1. Who cares about some talking head's offseason power rankings?
    2. We don't really deserve much respect right now given our recent history.
    3. Who cares about some talking head's offseason power rankings?

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Elliot Harrison is a c*nt.

So you visited Nashville two months ago (in March)? The season was long over with then. What kind of support would you like to see?

I have been a season ticket holder since 1998, but I rarely wear Titans gear when I'm not at the games. I have no idea what gear has to do with team support. Last year was bad, but the team didn't deserve support for their lack of effort.

We have ranked top 10 in attendance every season since the move to Nashville, selling out every game.

Did you expect to come to Nashville during the offseason and see everyone decked out in Titans gear. This is not Lexington, Kentucky... Our people have lives outside their favorite sports team.

5. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I was referring to the fact that all of the cities that I've lived in have their team's logo flying on everything, everywhere, regardless of whether the season is over or not.

When I went to Nashville I maybe saw one person wearing a Titans shirt the entire time, and no one even KNEW where I could even go to buy a jersey or a t-shirt.

I understand that the season was over, but I'd like to see you try going to DC or Pittsburgh or Los Angeles - I see people rocking Redskins, Chargers, Raiders, and Steelers gear ALL the time in those cities, regardless of in-season or not.

AND it wasn't like I was in some podunk town outside of Nashville, I was right outside of LP field.
    Every city I've lived in have all had Official Team Stores that sell nothing but their gear all year round.

I was just disappointed 'cuz what I expected wasn't what I got. I don't doubt that you guys fill the stadium.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

"So I defer to you, Titans Nation. (Is there such a thing as " Titans Nation?") How do you feel about the draft and the general status of your team? The dropbox for all things Music City is @Harrison_NFL."

Time to get on twitter and explain things to this guy. Twitter does not allow enough charactors to explain.
    Here is what I said:
    1. TheHammer@iR00STER now
      @Harrison_NFL Titans nation does exist. It's called GoTitans. http://www.gotitans.com/threads/its-nice-to-know-power-rankings.87236/ …

Expand
    2. TheHammer@iR00STER 2m
      @Harrison_NFL RE: Titans. You need to do more homework. It was an excellent draft. Hunter pick is brilliant. Britt and Wash gone soon.

Expand

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yet the Cowboys, who are not that great, are on TV more than reruns of the Simpsons.

8. RavensShallBurn

I've been to LA, Pittsburgh, and DC.

I honestly didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. When I went to Pittsburgh it was for a Titans game, so of course the people were decked out in Steelers gear.

I don't need to wear Titans to know I'm a real fan. I bet a lot of those Stooler fans are just wearing the gear for show. Bandwagon chodes.

Plus when you talk about a city like LA - it's like 20 times bigger than Nashville in terms of population. DC is probably 7 times bigger than Nashville. Pittsburgh is pretty much the same size, but they've had a team there for 80 years. We've had a team here for 15 years. Those things make a huge difference.

Our fanbase will grow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

America's team vs a team who hasn't been in the playoffs since 2008.

I mean, what did we do to earn more primetime games? That Titans/Jets game had to have been one of the most boring games I have ever witnessed in my life.

10. RavensShallBurn

I'll say this, although the rankings don't matter, how can anyone in their right mind rank the Browns, Eagles, Cardinals, and Jets ahead of us??? I also know we're better than a few of the othe teams ahead of us (Lions, Chargers, Panthers, etc), but I can at least understand ranking them higher than the Titans.

Ranking the Chiefs at #30 is just as dumb as Titans #28, by the way. Going by his rankings (other than the top 3 which are spot on), you'd think he is paying attention to last season rather than 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar