It's Official!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well we shouldve had ample time to turn it around, I dont disagree there, but we didnt. I think we are getting there, but at this point, I still think we are realistically a year away. Call me complacent or what have you, Im just being realistic and giving you my honest opinion. I think Im a rational fan. I dont think I unfairly criticize them, nor do I look at them with rose colored glasses and think everything they do is great.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Then the titans are brimming with mediocrity. They aren't over achievers. They are playing beneath their potential.

any disagreement with that?

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

despite our "good" record? (8-8) is Mary Jane Rottencrotch average.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

From a FO standpoint sure, or at least during the last years Reese was here. We will see how we go from here with the new GM. But from a player standpoint and talent standpoint on the field, I dont think this team was as good as most teams who start 6-2 or finish 8-3. In saying that, I also dont think they should be having 1-4 streaks either. So sure, I wont disagree that maybe the FO dropped the ball, but I still dont think we are the most talented of teams. And much of our talent is still developing as in Vince, Griffin, Finnegan, etc.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

i didn't see a yes or no in any of that.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll just put my vote in for overacheiving a bit last year and this. For our talent level (which does not match up well to every team in the NFL), to be 15-14 over that stretch is good.

It's not a wild overachievment, we don't suck. But I think we need to have a few more pieces to be a perennial playoff team. We're still rebuilding if we expect to field a team with personnel as good as 99-03.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Over achieving my butt. The Jags are the only quality team we have beat and they turned around and whipped our tail after that. We have lost to some turd teams to boot.

Oh yeah but I forget....let's see.... we are young......we have had to deal with injuries.....we didn't get some calls our way.......blah blah blah.

Nobody should feel good if go in and whip KC- they are a crap team as well. I see finishing up by beating KC, losing to NYJ (another home loss) and maybe taking Indy's practice squad on the road. Still out of the play-offs.

I just don't give a ship high in transom any more this year.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Because it wasnt a yes or no answer. Sorry but sometimes questions warrant a bit more detail than just "yes" or "no" to provide a sufficient answer. I think my points were quite clear however. If you disagree thats fine, but Im not going to simplify it when I made my points more than clear.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'll put it another way:

The Titans are:

a) doing as well as we could hope to expect

b) doing better than we could hope to expect.

c) not doing as well as we expected

If your answer is b then I do not agree. I do not look at these instances of two primarily different rosters putting together a good back end and a good front end over achieving. I attach no significance to whether the actual winning takes place in the beginning or ending of a season or whether it's every other week. The Titans winning games every other week still boils down to a set number of wins. You don't get credit for a great first half or a great second half of a season. That's too fine of a line. That's like saying a team is over achieving with a 14 pt lead. If that lead is blown and they lose the game what does it matter that they led? Ultimately they lost. I'm only seeing what I could have reasonably hoped for. I'm not getting more than that even if my hopes got up due to a 6-2 start. It's a 17 week season. Weeks 10-15 are just as important as weeks 1-5. The Titans could be doing better than they are. They have fallen short of their potential so far. Vince Young's numbers reflect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar