It's Official!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with Deuce and the rest of the guys that McCourty looked solid last night. Verner looks like he's still fighting for that starting roll. Will be interesting to see how much he plays in the 1st and 2nd quarters next week. He didn't play like a rookie.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mouton pisses me off, he's flat out horrible. I'm all for McCourty getting the #2 CB spot, would love Tye Hill at #3 (just for his speed), and Verner at #4.

I wish in the 2009 draft the Titans would of just drafted Jared Cook in the 3rd round. If we would of never traded our 2010 2nd for the 2009 3rd, Mouton would of never been on the team. We would of had 1 more win last year (Jets Game). Plus this year, we would of had a 2nd for a player like: Jimmy Clausen, Taylor Mays, Javier Arenas, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee, Jerome Murphy, Golden Tate, Montario Hardesty, Brandon Spikes, or Amari Spievey.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One preseason game and everyone is ready to kill Mouton. He did blow some plays, but I'm not sending him away just yet. Simms on the other hand, "oh my lord". Simms reminded me of JaMarcus Russell. I think we saw enough to cut Simms and promote Rusty. Rusty did some promising things to show he's the better third QB today. Verner is looking like a gem, like what he did a lot. I hope he builds off that performance. Right now behind Cortland it should be: McCourty, Verner, Hill, Me, Deuce Wayne, Big Bird, then Mouton. Mouton looked special, special like he should take the short bus home. I hope he puts that mess of a showing behind him, and gets some constructive criticism from Chris Hope & his position coach. It does no one any good to trash Mouton past today, we may need him, so lets keep his spirits up. Nothing worse than a corner with no confidence.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Mouton makes me wish we had Harper back...well ok, he's not THAT bad but close.

I really liked what I saw out of Verner and I knew he'd play great. I'd like to see him with the 1st team and see how he does.

Simms was terrible. Looked like a statue in the pocket. I hope we keep KC as our 2nd stringer.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We will, Collins didn't play because him and the team gained nothing with him playing. Both him and the team knows what he's about. They wanted Simms, and Rusty Smith to get some quality time at QB. I'd suspect next week Collins suits up as the backup, and Rusty comes off the bench after that. I saw enough to cut Simms.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Most likely, we'd have picked none of those players.....and it's also foolish to think we would have taken Jimmy Clausen or taken another DE after drafting Morgan. They like tulloch too much to have taken another linebacker, and if they went through the entire draft without addressing getting a RB, it seems very unlikely they would have gotten one with a higher pick....it looks like you just wanted a player drafted with a name you already recognized from college honestly

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

McCourty looks great in one on one situations or passing situations I'm not sure about his tackling.Verner looks like a playmaker.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Mouton maDe Mike WILLIAMS LOOK LIKE aNDRE jOHSON.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

McCourty didn't play alright.. he played terrific... I don't remember him allowing a completion... I'll have to go back and look

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The way it looks to me using our 3rd round pick on Cook and not trading away our 2nd makes perfect sense no matter who the heck we end up taking as long as it isn't Mouton.

Not sure what other point you are making (not sure anyone does).

If we take Cook at the 94th spot instead of making the deal with the Pats we certainly have all kinds of options in the second round in 2009 and it could have even had an effect on who we took with our 1st round pick. Either way, Mouton is starting to look like a wasted pick considering he can't cover anyone and he can't play as a returner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar