It's time for change in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

So don't want the Titans to bring in a veteran like McNabb or Hass, you don't want Mallett (I see more Flacco in him then Anderson), and you don't like Luck. So other then Vince, who do you want? Vince has proven he cannot make it through an entire season, if he is kept, which I don't believe he should be, but I can see giving him a chance with a new coach, we must bring in a capable #2 that can not only push Vince but can lead the team if/when he goes down. To me Matt Hasselbeck is a perfect QB to bring in as I don't believe McNabb would take that roll. Another QB I like a lot that we can get later in the draft, probably round 3, is Ricky Stanzi from Iowa.

2. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

All I got from this is you want to see men running around in their jockstraps wrestling each other. :eek:

I'll pass.

3. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I don't want VY back next season, it's time to move on. McNabb is on the decline and Hasselbeck will probably break his ankle coming off the plane and thus would be out for the season anyway. I would be open to the Titans making a move for Kolb and then picking up a good quarterback later in the draft.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Well, we agree on a couple things, not having VY back and McNabb being on the decline. I do think there is a place for McNabb if the right coach is brought in, a west coast guy like Gruden, same with Hasselbeck. I would be all for us getting Kolb, but only if it doesn't cost us a first round pick. A lot will depend on which coach we bring in and what type of offense he runs. My first choice is without a doubt Luck, followed by Kolb and Mallett....if we can get Kolb with a 2nd round and a conditional pick, and use our first on Fairley, Akukamara, or Peterson our team would be much improved.

5. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

I think we have seen that VY has finally elevated his gameplay. Noone seems to mention this. His passer rating this season was amazing. And he did play injured in the Miami game, and played well, and still looked pretty mobile even on a sprained ankle. He will have plenty of time to rest and then beef up or whatever you want to call it in the offseason and I would like to see that caliber of play from him next year that we had for most of this year, but more importantly he needs to stay healthy.

As far as what needs to change, I think Fisher needs to go. While I don't agree with VY's actions/attitude, I think it's mostly Fisher and a new HC would completely change that side of VY that so many people don't like. As it stands this year... I liked what I saw from VY.... I didn't like hardly anything from Fisher. Easy choice. Fisher is content with mediocrity and that is not acceptable from a HC..... Vince wants to play... wants to win... and knows how to win (30-17 as a starter .... and I'd almost be willing to knock a few losses off that based on his injuries in games where we were ahead because of him but then our backups couldn't maintain the lead). I want to see some emotion from my players/coaches, preferrably some that doesn't involve throwing equipment into the stands though.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Vince's ability has never been the question, he can make all the throws, can create when it's not there, his problem is his decision making off the field. He has yet to show the maturity needed to lead a team. Each and every time there has been a chance for Vince to show he has grown up, and is ready to take the next step, he does something stupid. If Vince had accepted what Fisher said, acted like McNabb and gave the "He's the coach, he made his decision and as a player on his team I have to support that decision, even though I may not agree with it." statement, then every single Titan's fan would have been behind Vince as our QB next year. instead, once again he acted childish, proving he hasn't learned anything. Now, that being said, I do think Vince needs a coach that will jerk a knot in his rear end, someone like Gruden.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

So if we gave away our first round pick to the Eagles for Kolb, would it not still make sense for the fact that we would get a potential franchise quarterback? It's the same if we draft a QB that high, he's most likely will not be anywhere near ready to play at this level... yet. Either pick a rookie QB in the first round or use it to get a QB already groomed in the game by Andy Reid.

If we keep the first round pick (which I think we ultimately should) and still get Kolb, we should definitely think defense first and backup quarterback later. I like Fairley... he's very tough and agile, and Akukamara/Peterson would be an tremendous asset to our secondary but watching Big Ten football and seeing Iowa's DE Adrian Clayborn, I am very high on him.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Clayborn is good..i just have the others higher,...especially Fairley. He's a Sapp type DT. As far as dealing our first for Kolb, I'm just never a fan of dealing away a top 10 pick, which we will likely have. If you deal a top 10 pick for a player he better be a proven difference maker, it just doesnt happen. Rarely are players dealt for first round picks, and if they are they are later picks in the round. I like Kolb, but not at the expense of a top 10 pick. A 2nd and a conditional should get it done, if it doesn't Philly can keep him.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Agreed :beer2:

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Kolb stays in Philly.. Vick won't stay injury-free throughout a season.
    Now if there was some way to trade Vince for Kolb (or anyone really ) I'm in..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar