It's Time to Feed THE KING

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bupac, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Didn't we just draft a TE and CB in the first few rounds in this previous draft? You know, where the depth in the draft was?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone dump on their own team after a blowout win quite the way Fry does. If you were a Chief's fan, you'd still be hung up on Hunt's fumble. To say we missed out on Cooks and Hunt is asinine though. So did the rest of the league, neither were first rounders, and they've both only played 2 games. Let's not crown them with anything yet. There have been plenty of 1 hit wonders at the RB position.

As for Henry, I'm not sure what you're watching but every time I've watched Henry in pass pro he looks like an extra OL back there. He doesn't cut guys, he just stones them. Does that mean he's perfect? No, I'm sure you could find a play or two he missed.... just like any other player in the entire league. No one's perfect. But I've always been very impressed with his pass pro.

Second of all, he led us to that win yesterday. Murray in the first half: 7 carries, 22 yards. Henry in the second half: 12 carries, 87 yards. I'm not sure what else you want, but the guy was a beast.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

You must be watching some other team every Sunday.

He missed a block about 24 hours ago to give up a sack.

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He shoved Jack out of the picture. He just got the cleanup sack when Mariota pulled up to run.

Just like we need to feed the king (Henry), we need to stop feeding the troll (Fry).

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Actually, he made the initial block. Mariota left the pocket and ran into Henry's man. He should have stayed with the guy, but not exactly his fault.

Henry is fine at pass pro and can catch out of the backfield. Will Mularkey let him take the number one spot? Probably not.

7. Fry

Yet you take the time to reply to almost every post in this thread.

:wooo:

8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Question; does Murray even have trade value? I am not crazy. But his making 6M this year, and is up there in mileage and on decline for a RB. He might have trade value, but is a 4th rounder or even a 5th rounder worth it? Probably not. Would you pull a trade for a 3rd rounder? I would. But I am jot sure if teams are going to take his contract plus give up an high asset pick.

Thoughts?

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

While I think it's time to get Henry more carries, I do still think Murray has a good role on our team, and is more valuable for us than any thing we could get in return. His price tag and longevity are not going to command much of a return, so we're really better off keeping him.

I think it's time we move to giving Henry the 1st and 2nd down carries, let him lean on those defenses, and then have Murray come in for passing downs and change of pace. That would keep Murray fresher, while letting Henry pound on opposing defenses.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

He didn't miss Jalen when he trucked over him again into the end zone .......loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar