Jack Ikegwuonu in 2nd?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd take him no earlier than the fourth.

Strengths:
    Nice size and bulk...Very tough, strong and physical..Is quick to react gets a great break on the ball...Excellent instincts and awareness...Reliable tackler..Will deliver the big hit...Excels at getting a jam at the line...Uses his hands well...Athletic with good change of direction....Will come up to support the run...Has some versatility.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have great timed speed or quickness...Lacks a burst to recover...Hips are not fluid and he will struggle to turn and run with pro wideouts...Is too aggressive at times and takes a lot of risks...Struggles to match up in off-man coverage...Ran into trouble off the field and character's a concern..Has some major health issues.

Notes:
    Last name is pronounced "ike-uh-GWAH-new"..Also being looked at as a potential safety...Twin brother Bill played defensive back at Northern Illinois...In January of '08 during pre-draft training he suffered a catastrophic knee injury that included a dislocation, a torn ACL, and a partially torn MCL...Was arrested with his brother in November of '06 and charged with residential burglary and criminal trespass after allegedly breaking into an apartment and trying to steal an Xbox...He profiles as a zone corner at the next level..Could've been a 2nd or 3rd round pick at one point but with the legal troubles and his availability for the '08 season still up in the air he is likely to freefall on Draft Day..Talented prospect with a lot of question marks but he could be a steal for some team that is willing to take a risk and be patient.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we'll probably take the guy first

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Wow. That guy sucks. I'm thinkin' a fourth would be as high as we can risk on another troubled CB. If that.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We're not taking a slow corner that has character issues anywhere near the 2nd round. Maybe a 4th rounder because he matches up well for the zone, but I doubt it.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think 4th rd is a possibility. No sooner..

7. PatS4

PatS4 Cheesehead

As a big Wisconsin fan I would think anyone who took Jack I. in the 2nd round would be nuts. He does have all the talent in the world, but there is just something about him I would be afraid of.
    His injury, his theft charge, his AGENT, sometimes his attitude.
    Taken in the later rounds he COULD develop into a very nice player.
    Way too many factors to take him early though.
    It will be very interesting to me to see when someone will pull the trigger on him!!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would take justin king any day with our second pick another all big ten performer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar