Jacksonville will be playing Chance football on Sunday.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Del Rio will be trying to convert 4th downs early and often to keep us off the field.

They will be Blitzing a lot. I look for a onside Kick and some type of Wildcat formations.

They will have some play calls that VY would love, Garrard could see 65 yards rushing.

I think the 4th down conversions are going to be a problem for us. Jones Drew and Garrard could pick up a 4th and 3 pretty easy with the way our run D has been playing. Im willing to bet Del Rio goes for it on 4th down on the first drive if they get to a 4th and short. those are the momentum changers.

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think it depends on how desperate they are and what the game situation is. If it starts to get out of hand early then they'll probably start doing what you say. But early on, the Jags know, we don't usually go up big and so they'll try to keep it close and try to pull out a win near the end, so I don't see them doing too many 4th down tries unless they're in good feild position and its 4th and short. If its 4th and long, no way.

Now I could see them pulling out wildcat formations, and blitzing because that won't lose them the game if their not completely successful. Going for it on 4th down and onside kicks can, if they're not successful can knock you out of the game early.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would be interested to see how we handle running QB plays, we haven't seen that much this season.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The way our LB's have been playing...I think we'll be alright. Tulloch has really emerged as a legit starter in the NFL. Our front four will also get to him early and often because their offensive line is terrible.

5. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yes 4th and short is a game changer. Just ask the Colts or the Packers.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Only if Tulloch takes the right angles....he can get lost in the wrong gaps and could let things get away from him if he is not disciplined.

I am concerned about the Jags basically throwing out the normal playbook and just playing this to win at all costs. Their wildcard chase depends on it.

I would not be surprised, as mentioned in another thread, to see them come out with offensive and defensive alignments that we have never seen nor imagined.

If they don't and the lose I think Del Rio will start getting some heat at home.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yeah thats what i was trying to say, Del Rio will be trying everything on Sunday. Why go out playing normal football when you can take big gambles and hope for the best. If they lose it's over for them, so they cant really sit and hope we go 3 and out every time. they gonna want to keep the ball as much as they can.

8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

:highfive: Yes, Sir Oneton the LBs are smokin'! Last week Bulluck had 9 tackles (so we could go 9-0) and Thornton had 6. When we first played the Jags our high tacklers were Harper with 8 and Brown with 5. I think we can be confident about their ability to back up our linemen on running plays.

Additionally, we believe our defensive coordinator can adjust quickly to their silly schemes and desperate plays.:neener:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I beg the Kings indulgence and believe, for the good of the realm and all that is Titan sized for just a few extra pennies, that the DC is in fact married to the gameplans he brings to the field. In the past Dehr Schwartzie has in fact shown little ability to adapt the Mighty Titans tactics to the actual situation as presented in the contest. But I do believe that as long as the DC keeps The Big Knight Albert motivated then the actual plans he brings will be of little meaning as Big Knight Albert will vanquish the kitties all day long

10. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Danke! U da Xpert, baby!

Und if Wildmann Kyle were in there'd be TOTAL chaos!!!

Plans who need's 'em? They're for building a house, JA!? :beer2: PROST!

Long live Hauptmann (Capt.) Schwartz!:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar