Jacob Bell to decline his tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks Puck and mdfan. I understand now. :drool:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not good. Hopefully we'll just pony up the dough for a long term deal.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Hung the first round pick on him eh? MAN the Raiders need an O-line! hehe

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Basically, yes, it could signal either, not sure if he gave any statement with it because that would be where you could figure that out. Based on the 'he still has options available' part, I'm worried it may be the latter.

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I like Bell a lot. He is one of the guys that would have the most trade value if we wanted to make a draft day move. Amano could replace him. It would be a drop off in talent, but it could be offset by whatever we traded him for. Still, I think they would have kept Zach around if that was what they thought.
    They'll probably do a long term deal with Jacob before training camp.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bell isn't going anywhere. Actually the 1.85 mil isn't a bad paycheck. Bell just wants some bonus money to go along with his paycheck.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he declines his tender does that mean he cannot play? Not under contract?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What he is worth on the open market..?

I would say something along the lines of $3M a year. I'm sure he would love to see a 5 year $15M contract with about $5M up front in a signing bonus.

I think he is smart; after all he has been making chump change so far, 5th rd money and while $1.85M is an improvement that's not what quality guards make in this league and he has been a good player. We have had his services on the cheap so expect to start paying him. We are nuts to let this guy get away..

Time to get him signed to a long term contract now!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a good explanation for your question. I know the titans offered bell the 2nd highest tender offer available the highest is $2.35 million like what turner got.

I think this is a good opportunity for us because we need to sign him anyway and can't let him become an UFA next year. We have the cap room to get him signed so we need to just do it..

10. formerphinfan

formerphinfan Camp Fodder

Bell has all-pro talent. He knows it. His agent knows it. They want to be paid right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar