Jacob Bell to decline his tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Whoa. I diddnt notice this thread..

Well this sucks.

If we lose Bell who the heck fills in?

Amano?

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

we cant lose bell...he was one who stepped up.... him steward, and roos are the futre w/ solid vets like olsen and mawae there....i really liked out line...and wanted 2 enter the next season w/ them espeically after that solid run at the end and an offseason to futher train...coulda been something good.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just assume that Bell can not sign with anyone else, but cannot play as he is not under contract but we still own his rights as a player (like a draft pick who doesn't sign)

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I wouldn't say Bell is all-pro, at least not yet.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea no question he is definatly not all-pro yet, but he shows signs of being one of those franchise linemen.

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Bell Doesn't Sign Tender

SUMMARY: Though G Jacob Bell didn't sign his one-year tender offer from the Titans, his agents says it doesn't need to be cause for concern. "The team has indicated they definitely want to get Jacob signed over the long haul, and you really have to lock up really talented young players like Jacob when you have a chance," Agent Drew Rosenhaus said. "If not, then you end up overpaying for other guys, other teams' players in free agency. We're going to work on it and hopefully something can get done."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's got good athleticism, and walls off LB's well, but I think he gets mauled too much by bigger guys. I don't know if he has the frame to get much stronger, but if he does, or maybe works on technique more to handle the big guys, I think he'd be very good. So yeah I'd say All Pro or Pro Bowler is not in the cards yet.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I thin the Titans need got lock these young guys on the o line up long term, they were real solid at the end of the season, they can only get better

9. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

if bell can stay healthy he can be great.
    he's young and talented and that's what we need on our O-line.
    im used to having a buncha fossils on there but i like bell and stewart

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't know that Bell has shown anything to warrant pro bowl consideration or even to show that he might someday be there. After all, it took injuries and defections for him to even break into the starting lineup with multiple bums starting ahead of him. He's not really worth an elite contract at this point but we can't afford to lose any more players, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar