Jags fans are a cheery bunch...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MJTitans, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Man oh man. I was trolling around the Jags message boards, and those are some unhappy campers. I was surprised to see that people were ripping on Garrard already - I thought he played fairly well... enough to see he could have a good future. These same fans who were adamant that the Jags are so superior to the Titans a week ago now hate everything about their team... hate Del Rio, hate the QB, say the WRs aren't a threat to anyone, hate the defense...

It's ugly down there boys. I almost feel bad for the whooping they got. Almost. But man do they whine. They are like anti-homers - can't see the truth about their team because they're caught up in their own misery. I might expect that from the Tejas crowd, but not the Hags.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Haha, got what they deserve, maybe they shouldnt talk so much smack

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Oh yeah. One loss and it's doom and gloom for the Jags.

Can anyone think of a worse coach than Del Rio right now? His first comments after the game were placing blame on the refs for the fumble recovery TD which was overturned.

It didn't seem to dawn on him that he might need to have someone on the active roster who could kick a FG if his guy was to go down. He couldn't stop the Titans after they repeatedly ran the same play.

4. It's not just a loss. It was an embarrassing loss to the Titans. Their much vaunted running game and run D were demolished right before their very eyes...

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Simply because they not only hate us, but think we are a bad team, and that "No one runs on the Jags!" has forced JAX to put their entire fan base on the Injured Reserve list for brutal ego devastation.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jacksonvilles IR list would exceeds their fan base anyway.

7. TitanJeff

And they thought having the game blacked out was the worst thing that could happen...

It may be that there would be less uproar if their fans didn't have to see it.

8. MJTitans

Maybe they need to set up a practice squad for fans... so each NFL team can keep 2000 fans in reserve. They can teach them how to be fans, teach them the game, and if tickets aren't sold (or active fans aren't performing up to expectations) they can call up the PS fans to fill in.

Or they could move to LA.

9. TitanJeff

Looks like Del Rio is pointing the finger now at his players.

http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6312

Yes, there were execution problems but I think Del Rio should shoulder more of the blame for not adjusting. Not that I hope he ever does...

10. MJTitans

ouch... Jags have had some bad luck with coaches. This was on Del Rio - for not adjusting when he saw his players weren't able to execute and for not getting his team in shape for the opener. Maybe when Coughlin gets fired from NY, JDR can go up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar