Jags one step closer to moving to LA; 800m in funding approved

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Yeah I dont like breaking up the divisional Raider/Chiefs game, but you know, I thought it was a good rivalry when we played pittsburgh as a div opponent every year. Plus two original AFC franchises as in Titans and Chiefs would be good rivalry.

The Rams could go back to LA but then you will still have tarps in jacksonville. Unless the messiah of florida football tim tebow saves the franchise.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Is Tebow really that good?

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

thats what the jags think. Jags think hes a 1st round pick, everyone else thinks hes a 4-5th round project guy... and they wonder why no one comes to their games.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you dedicate your existence to Tebow then yes he's that good. He's a beast honestly, and he plays QB. No way he is an NFL QB especially when Vince Young is said not to be. I wouldn't put him in as a WR or TE, maybe a HB. The guy plays QB well, and would probably be insane in a wildcat look. I like Tebow and I'm a Vols fan so he has to be something for me to say that.

Wonder how he'd do as a LB or safety?

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

that'd throw a lot off wouldn't it, them being in the NFC and all ...

I'd welcome a realignment ...

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

It's actually the City of Industry where they'de have the stadium built. Since it borders Walnut they formally asked for their ok. Since you've obviously never been out there, Walnut is a pretty decent and affluent suburb of LA. About 25 miles outside downtown. They were worried about the environmental impact on their city and quality of life hence they asked for the input.

I'm not sure the Rams would be welcome back with open arms due to the way Frontierre and Shaw blasted the fans when they moved. I guess drawing 50,000 per game in Anaheim with a losing team wasn't enough when St. Louis was offering a new public funded stadium. Look at them now......ranked the worst stadium in the league, the worst team and they don't sell out anymore....... It's not the LA fans, it was the management.

If Zygy doesn't get his deal done in MN, I would be more inclined to see the Vikings move there (like the Lakers did) than J-Ville. However, since Georgia is now dead, the current management may be willing to sell the team and move them back. They would have a lot of fences to mend.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't think so. LA Jags with Arizona, Seattle and SF makes sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gotcha, so St. Louis and LA would switch spots. Might work.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I've read that article, and I don't see where the $800 million dollars will come from. No specific team is named, so who know's how much, if any, a owner will pledge.

California is broke. They've been trying to get the federal government to bail them out. It would be a crime if the tax payers had to come up with nearly a billion dollars to build a playground for the rich to get richer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

ESPN was saying the Jags are in trouble. That area is hard hit by the economy and unemployment is very high there. Just isn't enough fans willing to pay even for good deals. Expect Black Outs all season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar