Jags snag Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I heard he was visiting the Saints...For large dollars

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

brian williams got a 6 year 32 million dollar deal?!

the jags cant be serious....

they paid a nickel corner 32 mil, what a joke

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Brian Williams got 6 year deal for 32 Million.

Heck, I say we just go out and pay double the market for a couple of "big name" FA and shoot our wad on 2 players. Yep. That would work.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that is how some of us here want it done. :sad2:

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Yes, on a select few players, we should pay market value...whatever that is. For all we know, those "inflated" contracts we are seeing could all be like Andre Dyson's with Seattle....next year, they could be shown the door with minimal cap consequences.

6. The guys being signed today are getting big signing bonuses up front, unlike Dyson. There is no way they are getting cut next year.

As for paying market value, that's exactly what we want and you don't. You are asking the team to pay above market value to outbid other teams for the top players. We are in no position to do that right now.

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

The only guy gone so far that I really would have wanted is Bentley. And he got more money than our team should pay for that position. It would be nice to have a nice nasty run masher at center though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar