Jags @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Whoever brought out that TE - WR ratio, ought to bring it out again. The WR's had another bad day. And the TE's rocked it.

I personally think the playcalling is a sore spot tho'. How may passes were under 4 yards. You can't have success running 90% of your plays within 4 yards. You put the qb at risk to throw pick 6's. I'm happy we won. But I would love to see more agressive playcalling. VY did not play well. But the playcalling is putting him into awkward positions. I mean we don't even run patterns that go beyond the chains on 3rd down. It's just poor football. On third down, you run routes past the marker. It's football 101.

That said, we played a perfect game. We controlled the game from start to finish. There were many points at which we stepped up to the moment for a first game. Many times. This team is good. We are off to a great start.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree. Althought Vince made some really poor throws and the receivers seemed to underachieve, the play-calling itself seems really sloppy and predictable as well.

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

There was definitely something unsettling about this.

On the one hand, did you ever watch Alex Smith or Leinart where they'd "aw shucks I'll get 'em next time"---INT after INT, to the point you begin to realize that's how they'd act even if doing the same thing in year 8?

On the other, Vince always seems to care so intensely, to have such high expectations for himself--remember even from his first couple of starts where he was so down on himself as though he expected so much better--that it seems to take more out of him than those guys. And while I'll take someone who cares intensely over the other, he needs to have a patch of good play+some good luck (rec's helping out, no injuries).

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

No CJ in the slot.

5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

There was drops by almost every receiver this game. I hope thats sparking a match for our FO. Its getting rediculous we need the next big impact FA receiver here and I could almost care less about the cost.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

CJ apologizes for being to busy gaining 127 yards from scrimmage and promises next game he will get in the slot.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So do you guys finally understand that there was no Offensive coordinator change?
    Jeff Fisher controls the boring dink/dunk offense. It's his failing system. Sucks that Chow has to have that on his resume. Same stupid 2nd and 15 - RUN THE BALL! offense. Leaving us in 3rd and longs all game with a QB that can't throw.

Makes no sense.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well yea lets just keep on running and give up on a hopeless passing offense when we have our only player who can stretch the field to throw in the slot while we still have Lendale in the backfield, but obviously you wouldn't know how to take advantage of talent either.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think VY has put way to much pressure on himself. He was thrown into the game his rookie season and has had alot of pressure to win like he did in Texas. Heck he pretty much almost retired because of it right? He needs to calm down and relax.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he gets paid handsomley to deal with the pressure. If he wasn't expected to perform his name might be Ingle Martin, and his bank account would reflect that.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar