Jaguars could be missing Nelson again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky If the Jaguars are going to slow down Jay Cutler and the Broncos' high-powered offense Sunday, they sure could use safety Reggie Nelson back in the lineup.
    Nelson's been out with a bruised knee for two games - that's a broad heading that can cover a lot of injuries and doesn't halp us formulate much of a time-table. Without him and cornerback Drayton Florence (groin), Jacksonville had to dip too deep into its reserves and William James was victimized by Ben Roethlisberger in the loss to the Steelers.
    "We hope to be able to get at least one of the guys back," coach Jack Del Rio said Monday. "It looks like Drayton will have a better chance to get back than Reggie at this point. We'll just see. I don't need to declare yet, don't want to declare yet but we're going to take a look at that. Reggie is a little further behind than Drayton is at this point. Coming out of the weekend, we feel a little bit better about getting Drayton back."
    The Jaguars have some versatile pieces in players like Brian Williams, but few teams are deep enough to play well minus a starting safety and corner. That's especially the case for the Jaguars because of their inconsistent pass rush.

More...

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Man, MR made the right decision going with Griffin over Nelson. They're both talented, but Nelson looks like another fragile Jag to me.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Injuries are hard to predict. Calico could have been great, but bad luck injured him, not an innate likelihood of injury.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, people still rip floyd reese for the rocky calums pick. people forget he never missed a start in college and was a hell of linebacker when he was on the field.

5. vslyke

Injuries are usually fluky, but sometimes you can tell. I don't think Nelson is the case, but guys like LenDale are just headed for major injuries.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You should put that in your sig. Just because he's overweight he'll get injured? I strongly disagree. Anyone can get injured. It's like saying he's likely to win some games. All NFL RBs are likely to both get injured and win/lose games.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think being out of shape increases his likely hood of being injured.

8. vslyke

Yeah. More weight = more strain on joints.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Weight isn't the issue. Offensive lineman are the heaviest guys on the field and usually have the longest careers.

I could care less if White is 255 if he is in good condition. Brandon Jacobs is 265 (and 3" taller) and had a 44-yard run last Sunday. White's longest career run is 28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar